Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have a 99 VMAX 500 sx

I was killing some time saturday and went by the local powersports shop to check and see what they had for sleds.

I was looking at the yamhlube (im sure thats misspelled) and i saw different options. THey had; 2S 2R and injection premix something or other.

Just wondering which one would benifit me the best

Thanks
TOny

·
Registered
632 Posts
just use Amsoil.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Amsoil is garbage, and over priced. If you don't have powervalves run a good mineral oil, or something like citgo sea and snow.

·
Registered
841 Posts
There's nothing wrong with the Yamalube. I used it for years on my MMax. It was cheap cause our dealer used to fill up our empty containers out of their 45 gal barrel.
Just ask your dealer, about the diff in the 2R, 2S, etc. One maybe specific to sleds for premix or injection.
Regardless, there are lots of oils out there and they all have their own claim to fame. For your sled without exhaust valves, pick a good dino oil and stick with it.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Empire087 said:
Amsoil is garbage, and over priced. If you don't have powervalves run a good mineral oil, or something like citgo sea and snow.
i don't want to turn this into a pissing match, but how do you figure amsoil is garbage? thats all i have ran through my old 440 and it has 10k plus km on it still running strong with 130 psi in both cylinders.
also on my buddys rotax 700 they just got the motor rebuilt from the dealer and they have also only ran amsoil synthetic in it and they dealer said they couldnt beleive it has 22k on it! (brought it in to freshen it up, wasn't blown up)

and for the overpriced, you get what you pay for in this situiation IMO..

back to the main topic though. i would also recomend AMSOIL. it has been good to my friends and me aswell so..
but im sure yamalube would be ok aswell since it is a yamaha!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cool well the pace i went wasnt the dealer it was just a power sports shop, didnt see any amsoil when i was looking but ill look up a place in town that may have more stuff catered to sleds.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Thats all I run and have been for years!! [thumb]
mxz440kid said:
Empire087 said:
i don't want to turn this into a pissing match, but how do you figure amsoil is garbage? thats all i have ran through my old 440 and it has 10k plus km on it still running strong with 130 psi in both cylinders.
also on my buddys rotax 700 they just got the motor rebuilt from the dealer and they have also only ran amsoil synthetic in it and they dealer said they couldnt beleive it has 22k on it! (brought it in to freshen it up, wasn't blown up)

and for the overpriced, you get what you pay for in this situiation IMO..

back to the main topic though. i would also recomend AMSOIL. it has been good to my friends and me aswell so..
but im sure yamalube would be ok aswell since it is a yamaha!

·
Registered
269 Posts
run amsoil. thats what i run in everything. probbaly best to get it from a local parts store (napa, canadian tire, etc). most power sport places will recommend what ever they have. yamaha=yamalube, polaris=polaris gold (or what ever else brands they have) and so on and so forth. amsoil is good oil for a decent price. look at their site and see which oil is best for your situation and type of riding. i use dominator in most my sleds and will run interceptor in the new M8.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The yamalube 2r is pre mix oil and the 2s is injection oil. Hopefully this can help you out.

·
Registered
841 Posts
FF-Tony said:
so since i have carbs it would be the 2R?
The carbs have nothing to do with it.
Premix......means, mix the gas and oil together and then pour into the gas tank.
Injection....refers to oil injection. Your sled has a fuel tank and a seperate oil tank. Obviously fill one with fuel and the other with oil and the machine will inject the proper amount of oil automatically.[thumb]

·
Registered
368 Posts
FF-Tony said:
or i can premix correct? i can run it either way?
assuming your asking for an either or, you can for awhile, just bear in mind the water pump bearing is also lubricated from the auto-injected oiling system and your days of riding will be numbered.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well i go with the 2s then correct? and use it in the oil tank. just found something interesting out, yamalube is the same exact stuff walmart's generic brand is

1 - 20 of 29 Posts