Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some of you may remeber a few weeks back i was asking on what kind of sled to get and all that good stuff. well i got myself a sled tonight traded my 01 CR250 straight up for it. and i have to say i came out way ahead!!!! its a 2002 arctic cat zr600efi. and it seems to be in great shape. is there anything i should go over on the sled?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
nice sled, but why dont you just put the tailgate down

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
i'd go over regular maintenance like check the oil grease it and check liquid coolant stuff like that.

Congrats on the purchase

·
Registered
3,013 Posts

Well if you want to clean that up use, some gojo orange hand cleaner with the "grit".

Like said before just the regular maintainence stuff. grease, chaincase oil, etc.

Also, depending on how many miles it has on it, you may want to check the compression.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its got 3800 miles on it, and i would have never thought of gojo, i tried a towel and some soapy water and that didnt work, and i feel safer with the tailgate up like that for some reason, i have like ocd or something where little things bother me lol.

·
Administrator
1998 XCR 440
13,104 Posts
Nice looking machine you got yourself there. Congrats.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Sweet ride!!! Congrats!!! Just check all fluids brake,chaincase,coolant,oil,grease the suspention & Change the gas. compression, track tension, make sure she starts up and shuts off/kill switch.tether etc. If its all good and im sure it will be, clean her up and go riding!!
studs should be ok but i might invest in a tunnel protector!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Studs look fine, but there is a pullout it looks like. Keep an eye on the track where that hole is, and if it looks like it's tearing any more think about changing the track. It should be fine, though.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Nice!!

You picked up a GREAT sled there !!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i found the chain oil, so thanks on that its full. and why do you guys assume its a snopro at first? still trying to get some snow for it though.also i found a bolt missing in the frame in front of the engine. so i have to pick one of them up along with new plugs.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts