Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my sled at the snowmobile repair place and I am having my like new condition Storm SKS 133.5" track put on. It is sort of a paddle shape design and has continuous length lug across the mid section. I heard that the 0.92" Snow King special tracks worked well as a groomed trail track yet offered decent soft snow performance and preformed well on the lakes and in snow filled ditches too. Hopefully it will reduce the spining of the track when acelerating hard since my origanal track only has slightly more than 1/2 inch of lugs left from the original 0.82" when it was new.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have a 96 ultra sks and I had a 133 .875 track on and it was a good track. I was able to handle any type of snow in MN with out a problem. I went to a 136" 1.5" track to get better grip. There is no issue with feeling the slapping of the paddles until you get over 1.5" on hard pack. I hope that you have a good ride this year!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is an image of what my used track looks like. I hope to have it ready to go before the weekend because we have about 18 or so inches of snow on the ground now and its the best snowmobiling we had in few years. Thanks, I hope you can also enjoy a good snowmobiling year as well, I hope to get some good trail riding in this season and hopefully can go on an overnight trip and stay at a hotel with a pool that acessibile to the trail with my family. 201012281225968_34607.jpg

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yea I know what you mean on the snow I live in Sauk Rapids. I am going tomorrow for a run in Zimmerman. I was out about a week ago and took a ride around the rice area and the trails were ok but needed more snow in the fields. Hope for no rain and Snow on Thursday!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True, rain would ruin the trails. Turn them into an icy washboard. I remember one year when it rained and the trails turned to ice. Back about 4 yuears ago it did that in February. Totally ruined it do the rest of the season

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Love my new SKS 0.875" 133.5" track. It really grips well and the sled is a rocket now on acceleration with no track spinning. I even did some ditch running today and went through an area of virgin snow about knee deep and it did really well with out spinning out and seemed to float real good over the soft snow. I have buried this heavy touring sled before with the old track easily when getting off the trails. I tried it out on the lake today and it did real well crossing the fresh snow. It brakes even better now too. It's a real nice upgrade over the original touring track

20101229205134218_34607.jpg

·
Registered
378 Posts
Nice I went out today around Zimmerman up to Peace. The trails were good. I heard that the trails up by milcas is in poor shape though. Now they are saying we could see near 10-14" of snow!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great, The trails near Randall and Cushing could use some more snow as well to get them in perfect shape. Overall though its been a pretty good for sleding this year. I have already put on about 150 miles of trail riding in this year on my 2 Polaris 2ups and 10-14 inches of fresh snow will give the trails a nice base. My best year was just over 450 miles in 2008-2009 season. This year could be even better.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Track looks good. As for riding in NY its 40f today...45 and rainy this weekend[Disappointed]

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it's raining here too and 36 degrees outside ,I hope the rain doesn't turn the trails into an icey washboard

1 - 10 of 10 Posts