Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
1998 XCR 440
13,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a cover and spare belt today, that was my $300 worth of accessories.

[:D] I think it looks sweet. For a cover.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
When my bro got his Viper last year, he had to pay $200. But that was for the cover, spare belt, and spare plugs. Your cover looks nice though.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Sweet, No mistake'n what's under that cover.. looks good..

Hopefully you don't have to leave that cover on for too long..

*Thinking Snow*

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Thats a nice cover.

·
Administrator
1998 XCR 440
13,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No dealers around here GIVE covers away.

·
Registered
129 Posts
You only get freebies when a sled can't sell itself. If you buy a hot sled that is high in demand, you can't get anything for free, because the dealer just has to sit and wait for the next Joe to come along.

When I picked up my sled, all I could get was a friggin' baseball cap and even that took effort.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
That looks a lot better than the gray cover I just bought at Menards. But, it's not bad for $50. I wish I would have gotten cool things like you guys when I was younger. My money was spent on wine, women and song in varying order. Now that I am married the wife and kids have plans for all my money, but I am still lucky to have a sled. There must be a lesson in there somewhere, but darned if I know what it is.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Originally posted by Jakyll
[br]You only get freebies when a sled can't sell itself.
Maybe I just got a really nice dealer or something. Cuz when I bought my XC in November last year I got a cover, 4 plugs, belt, hat and tee, plus the 3 hundred towards the store. Which I used to upgrade to a 1 1/2" track and windshield, and I wouldn't exactly say Polaris had a hard time getting rid of the 02 600 XC last year!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the same cover for my sled. It is a xc600sp 2002. Bought it in february of 2002. Paid $8950 taxes included. Wtih that i received a skid plate, spare plugs, spare belt, mirrors, polaris hat, and an extra gallon of synthetic oil. One of my friends bought the same sled and paid $9000 and only got spare plugs, cover, and a hat. I almost bought a mxz but the deal was alot better at polaris.

·
Administrator
1998 XCR 440
13,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow, u guys are lucky. I had to complain, Buy any Polaris sled, you get $300 worth of accessories free. Except Pro-X. I was like "um, that's not cool" and I complained a lot, and in the end I got my accessories, and a baseball cap.

Oh well, the cover is nice.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
is the cap as nice as the cover??

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I got exactly jack nothing free with my sled when new. I had to buy the cover, ski rollers, belt and oil. I did get a pretty good price on it though. You guys got lucky!

·
Administrator
1998 XCR 440
13,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sled actually cost me over 10 grand, and I had to fight to get a free cover. I do feel lucky that I got it too, cuz my friend got an identical sled to mine, from a different dealer, and he paid more for his sled, and got nothing.

My cap is kinda ugly, it went on the shelf. It's basically advertising for the dealer, not even a Pure Polaris hat.

Oh well, it was free.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The $8950 was canadian, i live in Perce Quebec. I found it was a good price considering all the extras i received with it.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Is that a standard cover these days for Polaris? I like the way it covers the trailing arms and belly pan, and such.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts