Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my motor today, i put it all on rewired it all for it and it wont start the guy i got it from said 2 weeks ago he put some gas in the carb and it fired right up like it was new,and i get it and it doesnt he told me if i put it on it should run good when you clean the carb good,so i had the same excact carb there like new i put it on and didnt work i didnt try the one that was on there in the first place b/c it was all rusty and bad,and it has a lot of compression and big spark but no luck im goin to do some more stuff to it tommorow "Sunday",and ill let you guy's kbow if i have some good news anybody have any ideas what i should do. and its not the same motor is my 300 it has some dif stuf on it ill get some pics of it and maybe you guys can help thanks[:)]

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
do you have spark with the motor wired in the frame?
are the plugs getting wet or dry after it doesnt start?
is the choke working. is it an old carb with a butterfly style choke?

are the needles roughly adjusted and not closed?

you need air,fuel, spark and compression for a motor to run. what dont you have?

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Pour some gas down each cylinder. About a capful. If it doesnt start on that then its a spark problem. Maybe a broken wire somewhere.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Well, I found it incredibly difficult to read that. I stopped after the second line. Having been a professional mechanic a long time ago, in a place far-far away, I could have had some suggestions.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well thanks for your help,but all I did was I took the original carb and cleaned it,when I was doing that i found an old bug in the carb gasket's so after I got that out I finished it up got it all back together pulled 1 time a whole bunch of gas was shot right up in the fuel filter 3 rd pull it fired right up and ran great,when the carb was on it before i cleaned it it wouldnt suck gas threw everything so that i cleaned it helped a lot[:D]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts