Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy want to trade me old 12 foot sea king and a extra 200 cash for a 1993 rlx 650 that needs a stator. Should i act on it or leave it be?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
As long as you have the proper flywheel puller its not all that bad of a job, just make sure that the problem is in fact the stator and not something wrong with the the electronics for the EFI or fuel pump.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well just in from the guy that has it. He said that "it starts up fine but and runs for a minute then acts like it fowled a pulg". And how can i figure out that it dosent have any problems with the efi system?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Take it to someone that knows something about snowmobiles.. (or bring them to it) [thumb]

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Take it to someone that knows something about snowmobiles.. (or bring them to it) [thumb]
[:)]

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
You had problems cleaning carbs,,,,,,What the h??? are we gonna do when you have EFI problems....They will have to start a section just for your questions.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
There are some issues with the connections/splices in the harness with corrosion causing intermittent problems.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Musky30 said:
Is that why it runs then it shuts down?
Most likely not... A bad connection will usually make it run like total crap, or not run at all.

It will usually make the light flash on the ECU too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts