Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well someone just called about my storm.

He want's to trade for a 2004 Polaris Pro X 440 liquid race 20 times so he says has new Wiseco pistons and rings just to freshen it up. The sled is not trail converted but but comes with the 92 heads. Says the sled is in good shape I guess I will see he is sending pictures soon.

But that's a pretty good trade I think that would be a great ditch sled!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
tughillboy said:
Just wondering why he would do this?
What he said.

Your Storm, IMO, is worth $1200. The ProXr 440 ( 04 only Im referring to ), is worth upwards of $2400 which is twice yours. I dont know why you would even consider NOT doing it.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
snowmobileguy said:
I will trade as but he would have to come here hes from MN. Which I am pretty sure he will....
And where do you live? If I missed it somewhere sorry.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
snowmobileguy said:
I will trade as but he would have to come here hes from MN. Which I am pretty sure he will....
is this guy retarded? drive a long way to trade for a sled worth half as much? [Disappointed]

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I looked up some research on the sled a lot of people say the bottom end goes because the bottom bearings don't get enough oil.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
You should always be shy of a deal that sounds too good to be true, because it is.
There is no way anyone would trade a newer sled that is supposed to be worth at least twice as much as the other unless there are serious problems with the newer one.

I would not make this deal!

·
Registered
848 Posts
You should ask him for the VIN and see if it has been reported stolen, and make sure that he has paperwork. There is a chance that the guy is just stupid too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts