Snowmobile Fanatics banner

I just can't wait dammet!!!!!!

529 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Baero 
#1 ·
I have gotta try out this Trailcat that I restored........I just can't wait.
There is enough snow in the fields to lube the slides, so I am going for it tomorrow morning.
/snofan/../images/users/500fasEnuf/3.jpg
/snofan/../images/users/500fasEnuf/4.jpg
I'll let you all know how she went.

See less See more
#2 ·
How much restoration did you have to do? It looks pretty clean. Man, I bet chiropractors wish they were around more in the days of suspensions like that!

/snofan/../images/users/baero/eyes2.gif

#3 ·
Actually this sled rides really nice, about 6 inches travel up front, and 3.5 to 4 at the back. I mostly take the old cat out when I take the wife and kids, or a sledless friend (I have way too many of those).

Here is a link to a thread I had posted before about the restoration...if you can call it that, it just needed a good clean out, new fuel system, clean carbs, fix windshield, and now I have the knowledge, (thanks to TUSF) to really tune the clutches, the engine was not winding out due to lack of tension on the secondary. The engine moiunting plate was is rough shape too, so had that welded.

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/snofan/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2848

I was going to take her out today, but most of the very little bit of snow we had is gone, besides, I have work to do at the studio.

But later today I am going to use some of that copper based high temp silicone to seal up the joints on the exhaust, she barks way too loud for me, quiter the better.

Anyway....thanks for your interest in my old 2nd'er Baero, back to work.

BTW, what is the genesis of your name there Baero.

#4 ·
My name is a combination of Barry Bonds and Aerosmith. I have been using it for about 7-8 years now.

It is pronounced "Bear-O".

Some people say Borrow?

/snofan/../images/users/baero/eyes2.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.