Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yep, just registered today. i tried to search for it, but i can never find any pics of a mountian mod 440 iq. I keep hearing about a guy who fit some 1200 motor in one of these things and had a 166" track in it. Is that possible? is there any mountain mod 440 out there?

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Yes its been done, guys name is brad 1200psi on snowest! Yes its possible, there are a couple other doing a conversion on this site as well! Not the 1200 or a 166. But lots of them have been done by the mountain riders! The 1200 was posted on this site, search longtrack IQ's!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is the polaris 166 track 15 or 16 wide? i wonder how much money it would take to get it done after you buy the origional sled?

·
Registered
855 Posts
WELCOME TO THE SITE !!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
[attachment=52696]

This is a picture off of PSI's website that I found the other day. I was going to post the picture in it's own thread but forgot about it till I read this one

I am not sure what motor is in there but it is a triple w/ a turbo from the looks of it. If you go to the maing page of PSI they have a picture on there that shows it with the hood off and you can see the 3 shiney pipes. Add to that the turbo that you can see in the picture above and you are making some big time power numbers!!

Talk about stretching your arms out for ya!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
985 Posts
saw that PSI sled myself, i just can't figure the suspension out. they must have had the shocks out when they took the pic. there are some other pics in there flash show.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
there is a iq 440 on ebay for 2200, but that can change pretty quick. do you know if there are many chassis mods to be able to fit a 144 or longer mountain track in there?

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
there is one iq from a member that has a 1200 i think he says it's his trail sled i never saw pics so idk...

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
I've seen 800s in them and want to try putting a triple with pipes into my Dragon as soon as this motor lets go.
I'm thinking a case reed watercraft botom end with maybe jugs and slugs from an 800 twin.
Should be somewhere in the 300+ HP range when finished.
This will all be a while though as I do want to enjoy having my 4 year warranty for at least the first year or 2.

Welcome to the site, enjoy, post up, and read up.
There is some great info and some great people here.
Darin

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Originally posted by Student Driver
[br]I've seen 800s in them and want to try putting a triple with pipes into my Dragon as soon as this motor lets go.
I'm thinking a case reed watercraft botom end with maybe jugs and slugs from an 800 twin.
Should be somewhere in the 300+ HP range when finished.
This will all be a while though as I do want to enjoy having my 4 year warranty for at least the first year or 2.

Welcome to the site, enjoy, post up, and read up.
There is some great info and some great people here.
Darin
Talk to XCR1000 on the sledfreak site. Hes a good friend of mine. He just bought a 1277cc ice race sled, based off of a watercraft bottom end using three bored non-ves 800 cylinders. Dyno-ed at 282hp.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
[br]High Mark here in town has built a few like that too.
Big power to be made for sure.

For right now though, 2 rides on the Dragon motor with tons of warranty left.
Big power and big reliability from what I understand. Of course his is a race ported engine and runs only on 112, but I guess the same engine in trail form can last a long time.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
They do work well.
I heard about his being a real screamer.
Reggie at High Mark had a 300 plus HP monster with a big shot of nitrous on top of that.
A.D. Boiven rear skid, all kinds of good stuff.

Trail form?
What the heck is that?
If I'm going to do a motor swap, then I'm going to mod the crap out of it in the process.
It's still years till I'm in post warranty time too, so I'll probably change my ming 17 times between now and then.

OK, enough hi-jacking this thread
Back to the original subject

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
the psi sled is for looks only. they cant get it running good yet.

the watercrafts have been a dream come true. huge bottom end drivability. no need to keep the rpms up. very friendly motor to drive and tune. you can get up to 1500 cc with them. simpson in canada set a record with a price water craft. close to 325 hp.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
[br]
Trail form?
What the heck is that?
If I'm going to do a motor swap, then I'm going to mod the crap out of it in the process.
It's still years till I'm in post warranty time too, so I'll probably change my ming 17 times between now and then.

OK, enough hi-jacking this thread
Back to the original subject
By trail form I just mean it runs on pump gas, rather than race fuel.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts