Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my problem: I ride with several other guys who all have nice trailers and I can usually hitch a ride with them. However, if I want to take off on my own trip with just me and my wife, I need my own two place trailer. The old steel ones are too narrow to hold my newer sled and my brother's. The newer aluminum ones are hard to find used.

I check ebay alot and our local classifieds. Do you guys have any more ideas on where to find a good 2 place aluminum trailer for $500 to $700????

I need a Trailer!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
aluminum for $500 or 700? sorry but I think you will be really out of luck with that. Aluminum didn't become the most popular material until fairly recently so most are newer and hey they are aluminum. My uncle just bought a 20' Steel race trailer if he got the aluminum it would have cost twice as much(over 10 thousand). We have been looking for a trailer with little to no luck in thes used department. I think my dad is gonna see if he can get a deal on leftovers from this past season maybe you wnat to give that a shot? won't be cheap as you want though.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
You could build your own.
Easier than it sounds. I built my own 8'X10' 2-place, tilt trailer out of steel and i love it. Only I made mine 8-1/2' feet wide to accomodate for wider sleds. Sure it's a little heavier, but it only cost me about $250 in materials. Actually, the most expensive part was the treated Plywood flooring!! I've used it for 4 years now, and no regrets. It uses a torsion axle which is has alot smoother ride than just springs, and it can also haul alot more weight than most aluminum trailers.

Cheap aluminum trailers are definetly hard to find!

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
umm, at our dealer we got a brand new aluminum FLOE 2 place tilt for 800something....

You ought to be able to find one used for 6-700, especially if your in a populated area.

-Dean

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
here in appleton wisconsin i can get new aluminums for 799 and steel for 599 aand these are brand new its wierd different states have such varying prices

bobby

My wife said its me or my sleds... Im sure gonna miss her

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
wow trailers are a lot cheaper where you guys are at. But you also have to remember that at least in Pennsylvania trailers up until like 98 could not legally be wider than a certain width which makes it so you have to run one ski of one sled on top of the other one with new sleds. We can find trailers for real low prices but they are the narrow ones that just won't work out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts