Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heyy guys i'm lookin for a new truck new or older doesn't matter so i would like your input on what to get

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
if your looking new, and dont mind gas id go silverado or avalanche. if your looking good on gas id go a colorado. if going used and dont mind gas id go avalanche, or if do mind gas a ford sportrac.

just my opinions[:D]

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Toyota Tacoma.

I don't care for any GM products, and Ford is notorious for bad gas mileage.

Besides...Toyota's are built entirely here in North America.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Depends on what size you are looking for light duty, half ton, 3/4 ton, 1 ton? how much are you willing to spend?

Need more info.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a Half ton

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Originally posted by LakesOfTheNorth_rider
[br]ford f250 or f350
Those aren't half tons, there bud.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
or light duty

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i like the new tacoma's any ideas on how good they are?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Yamahama,

How in the world can we help you out, with the info you have provided?

Do you want gas or Diesel? A work truck? A truck to do light - medium - heavy towing? Are you looking for looks or ruggedness? Is MPG important? Is insurance premiums important? Are you paying cash or financing? Do you have a budget or a purchase cap? 4WD-2WD-AWD?

Lots of information missing. Hell I say get a Hummer!

Once you go through your choices and options, better than asking us, you might want to consider going to Consumers Reports and see what they say about your choices.

Personally, I have no idea what you would have us on the board do for you. Help us out a bit!

Bulldog

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it's got to be gas
it needs to be tough and i might use it for work
i need it to do some light to medium towing
it should have somewhat good mpg
insurance premium don't matter my parents will help out on that (they always have)
financing would be nice
$50 000 buget cap
4WD

·
Registered
41 Posts
My Dad's Got A 06 Tacoma And it's Great for Every Thig You R Looking 4

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Originally posted by polarisguy93
[br]My Dad's Got A 06 Tacoma And it's Great for Every Thig You R Looking 4
Not to hijack, but I'm looking to trade my 04 in for an 07.

Tell us a little more about it. How is the power? How does it tow? Do you guys have the TRD package? E-Locker or limited slip?

Is it worth trading in my 04 in for the new style? I need more tow capacity, and a slightly bigger truck.

·
Registered
725 Posts
get a mid 80's Chev 1/2 ton. carburated 350, turbo 350 trans, 10-bolt rear/front ends. CANT KILL EM' and if ya do, parts are like candy, and they are easy to work on... unlike todays technology crap [xx(]

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Ive got 150,000+ miles on my F-150 (4x4, regular cab, longbed, 5.4L V8). It hasnt cost me much in repair costs and it still pulls 17 mpg on the highway.
Its always been my experience that Fords get the best MPG of all the brands and have the best lowend torque. My friends who have fullsize 4x4 Chevies get about 14 mpg highway and the people I know with fullsize 4x4 Dodges only get about 12 mpg highway.
Toyotas are nice and are assembled here in the USA, but at the end of the day the money still goes to a foreign company.
Ive had some issues with my F-150, but nothing major and to be honest, if I had to go buy a different truck tomorrow it would most likely be another F-150.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Originally posted by yamahaguy77
[br]
insurance premium don't matter my parents will help out on that (they always have)

You are 29 and your parents help you out with insurance? If so WOW!

·
Registered
396 Posts
i just bought a 2000 chevy 1500 4x4 and i love it to death. I traded my ol 95 blazer in on it. The milage is about the same too i couldnt believe that but i dont drive the pickup near as hard as i did the blazer. My cousin who is a gm mechanic said theres no real notorious problems with those trucks other than the reverse drum???.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.