Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in my garage right now and i just got my 1000c engine and i have it finaly placed in my 97 thundercat and ready to set the carbs on it.
MY QUESTION: The engine i had before was a 800,, WHAT should i have to do with the carbs for them to work with the 1000cc engine.
Is the electricals good for both ,, i was told yes. ????
I just want to know WHAT i need to check before i start her up , i just dashed out 1200$ for the new engine and i wouldn't want to screw anything up ,,,,,,,,please ,,,,,need the help guys,,

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think you will need bigger jets .You will have to find out the jetsize used on the big motor and start there I guess you could go up a size or two
ride a mile and check your plugs. If its too lean you will have a problem . I am sure you will get more advice ,Be patient

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i just finished installing my first engine ,,,not that bad.
The only thing was the temp gage was going up fast and i had to watch it until the cylinder walls got filled. I went for a little spin on it but i didn't hesitate to open it up incase of wrong jet sizes, and i don't know if my carb needeles will need playing. But when i got around 60mph she seemed to bog a little bit ,, not sure if was still getting all that oil out or if it was caused by the jets. I was told to put 500ml of oil in my first gas tank so that the counter shaft could get oiled real good.
But all i can say is that the new engine seems to be real STRONG ,, wow i can't WAIT to open her up.
Sorry for the long post , just letting some steam out ,, got to much energy for almost 2 in the morning , heheh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts