Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Fox shock on 98 zr 440 sno-pro, I had my suspension out today
and when i put it back in the steel hose that comes from the remote to the shock, The brass conector snaped off of the hose from the shock
and some oil came out. it was disconected from remote with coupler from the start. Am i going to have to rebuild it? and buy a new hose or can they put a new end on the hose? Any info would be greatly appreashaded

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
personally i wouldnt rebuild unless the milage said it was time to. the hose, i dont think you can repair it but get a price and then go to a john deere store or napa and see if they can build a hydralic hose the same size cheaper. Polaris-man just bouhgt one and he said it cost 100 bucks. you will have to get it refilled and recharged. i think but not to sure

·
Registered
502 Posts
Depends on what kind of shock you have. some shocks have a threaded end on the hose that connects to the elbow which threads into the shock. Some don't have this. If you look you will see if you need to buy a new hose or just replace the elbow. I'm not really sure if you have to totally rebuild the shock, but it is a good idea if you say some oil came out, which it should have. If you don't rebuild you will have air in the shock which will affect it. No nitrogen should have leaked because it is behind the piston in the resivoir, but I'm sure you are missing a pretty good amount of oil from the shock.

I don't brake until I see God!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The little brass neck type piece that is part of the hose broke so i just had to un sercw the nut piece of the shock that holds it to the shock. any idea on a new piece of steel braded hose 2' long?

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
On my rear track shock, it has a resevoir, and the stupid end broke off the hose. I took it to a blacksmith to get a new end put on it and the moron used a torch. What an idiot, those hoses are lined with a plastic/rubber type stuff on the inside, and it melted. So I had to buy a new one. It was 125 dollars (Canadian).

I got my shock rebuilt too, because it was time, and I had it off.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The shock has 2 resivors on it, one up by the handle bars and one in the suspension. the one by the bars is where its from. i will go it a CASE dealer and see what they can do? it lookes like a clear coat in the hose i can see the steel from the inside. I am going to mitchagain over spring break and i have to get it fixed fast!

·
Registered
502 Posts
cheapest place would be a hydrolics shop or some sort of farm shop, usually 1/2 price of fox replacement part. oh an i am a horrible speller!

I don't brake until I see God!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts