Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am trying to get my engine back together because snow is coming tomorow and I ran into a problem. I need to torque the cylinder base nuts but I can't get my torque wrench in there. The problem is that when I put the socket on the nut it fits, but then I go to connect the torque wrench to it and the wrench hits the cylinder so I am unable to connect them. I tried using a universal joint, but I still can't get the tool in there. I can get in there with a basic wrench but I can't torque the nuts with it. I was woundering if there is any other kind of tool I can use or any techniques I can use to be able to get in there to torque the nuts.
Thanks,
Alex

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Do none of them fit or or just certain sides? Because if you get atleast one torqued down use a normal open end wrench and keep going turning each nut till its as tight.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I couldn't even get into one side with my torque wrench, but I went out to napa auto parts and got a set of crow foot wrenches. That's the way to do it. Oh yah and the four inches of snow we were supposed to get today turned out to be 1/2" of slush [:(!].

1 - 7 of 7 Posts