Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 92 phazer its bored out wisco motor AAEN pipe what else can i put into this thing to bring up the balls of this yamaha i no yamaha its gonna be hard but its possible any sugestions

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
shave the heads and upgrade to a bigger sled. if you are looking for speed and power a phazer just aint going to do it. no matter what you do to it. but if you cannot afford a newer sled, clutch it, gear it, and do some shaving of the head. that should be another couple horsies.

·
Registered
112 Posts
my frined had one wit a pipe, reeds, shaved head, new pistions, clutched, and geared and a 3/4 track and in a short race he took a indy 800 storm once

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how much of a differenc would gearing make
im not too into the head shaving to risky

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
If your talking only short runs, gearing is your next step. If you gear it down it will give better launch and acceleration. Make it quicker, but top speed will suffer.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this thing has really good excell but it tops out at about 120km/h and wont rev past 7000 is there any way i can get it to rev out more it seems to me that it isnt using all the power it has because the revs jump to about 69 then just stop goin up could this be a clutch weight problem??

·
Registered
477 Posts
yes it sounds like a weight problem try some lighter ones and see what happens these sleds are very quick and fun

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
i had my stock 89 phazer doing 75 mph or 120 km on the lake so i dont see how yours does the same.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
i got a friend thats got psi pipe and clutch kit done from fix powersports to match pipe. he also put round slide mikuni carbs on his and deleted the oil injection and ran pre-mix. he also put a 121 track and skid on it. thing went like hell till about 75-80 he still has all parts and he dont ride the sled anymore as he bought a cat now. he might sell some stuff of it i would have to ask him.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ask him what he wants for the carbs and maby that pipe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts