Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about trying a indy xc 700 stock pipe and can on my ultra... it has much better flow. but i dunno just a thought. i have to much time to think in the summer i gess. but other wise i have a set of psi triple pipes and come to find out thier for a mono block 600. not for my 680. i was told they wont help in performance cuz they are desighned for a 60mm stroke and my 680 is 65mm stroke. just throw me some opinions i got time. thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,281 Posts
Shop around for some cheap 680 triple pipes, you will get mega gains doing it the right way.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
PLEASE don't put an xc 700 pipe on that sled!!!
That will surely kill your motor.
Either leave it stock or shop around for some STOCK triple pipes for the 680 that came on the aggressive chassis ultras. Those stock pipes are said to be better than any aftermarket pipes for the ultra. And yes, those PSI pipes won't work on your sled. The only thing the monoblock and your motor have in common is that they are triples.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
but if you go with the stock pipes from the aggressive chassis, you will most likely have to modify the pipes or your chassis to make them fit.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
RMK-KING said:
Shop around for some cheap 680 triple pipes, you will get mega gains doing it the right way.
FACT

Polaris_Parts_MN said:
but if you go with the stock pipes from the aggressive chassis, you will most likely have to modify the pipes or your chassis to make them fit.
I've been known to commit creative butchery when needed. lol

Seriously though,
Sell the PSI pipes that you have, they are a great pipe for what they are made for.
Then get the PSI Mod Blasters made for your Ultra. Look around on Swap Meet and all that, you are bound to find some used for about what you can sell yours for.
I used to ride a 151 Ultra that I'd built out of a 96 Ultra SP.
Anyway, the PSI's, jetted and clutched to their specs, will run like a whole new machine.
I like the PSI's better than I do the SLPs on the Ultra.
They make bigger power up higher. Your sled will turn into an animal.

From there, the Ultra motor responds very well to adding the SLP Power Dome heads for your riding elevation.
There is more that you can do.
I did

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Student Driver said:
RMK-KING said:
FACT

Polaris_Parts_MN said:
I've been known to commit creative butchery when needed. lol

Seriously though,
Sell the PSI pipes that you have, they are a great pipe for what they are made for.
Then get the PSI Mod Blasters made for your Ultra. Look around on Swap Meet and all that, you are bound to find some used for about what you can sell yours for.
I used to ride a 151 Ultra that I'd built out of a 96 Ultra SP.
Anyway, the PSI's, jetted and clutched to their specs, will run like a whole new machine.
I like the PSI's better than I do the SLPs on the Ultra.
They make bigger power up higher. Your sled will turn into an animal.

From there, the Ultra motor responds very well to adding the SLP Power Dome heads for your riding elevation.
There is more that you can do.
I did
hey thanks for the info ive heard alot about the modblasters and id like to find a set. also the slp domes are not in thier book i must have to call them? and hey any other old ultra tricks you know would be sweet! im installing a 144 x2 challenger track right now.

thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
If I were you I would consider going to Hay Days to chase down a set of Mod Blaster pipes. It's like Polaris Parts Mn stated, the aggressive pipes will work, but you have to either cut down the pipes or cut the hood to make them work. [thumb]

P.S I would be more than happy to help ya out on jetting and clutching once you have all your componants put together.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ultrawillie said:
If I were you I would consider going to Hay Days to chase down a set of Mod Blaster pipes. It's like Polaris Parts Mn stated, the aggressive pipes will work, but you have to either cut down the pipes or cut the hood to make them work. [thumb]

P.S I would be more than happy to help ya out on jetting and clutching once you have all your componants put together.
you said it willie! my plans exactly[thumb] hey i herd hey days is guna be some where dif this year and would you know the dates?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Personally I would look around for a set of PSI or SLP pipes for the ultra, Ultras were a freak of nature when it came to adding pipes I think a set of PSI pipes will add about 36HP, I am not quite sure on that number though after u add the pipes make sure u clutch it so that it puts the power to the ground more efficiently.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
ULTRArmk said:
ultrawillie said:

you said it willie! my plans exactly[thumb] hey i herd hey days is guna be some where dif this year and [highlight=yellow]would you know the dates?[/highlight=yellow]
September 11-12 just North of North Branch. Rock has a topic going in the General Forum (Time to plan for HayDays). For more info www.snowbarons.com[thumb]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts