Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This would be awesome if i could cover my yard. Although it sucks alot of water and juice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YklOivPU8s&feature=related

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Hmmmm, I should make one....I do work at a metal fab shop.....[:D]

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
make 2 ill drive there and help!! [beer]

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
I need to mount one of those to the front of my sled...

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
wow i need one tooooo!!!!!

·
Registered
443 Posts
God i can't wait until winter, i just love hearing sleds in the distance with there pipes or cans, and i love to be one of the first riders out in the trail or ditch with freash powder and fluffy snow drift.
[Sleds]

·
Registered
538 Posts
my dad built one a few years back. he just used some of his plumbing stuff to T a water hose and compressed air line together and then out through a nozzle from a pump sprayer. there was also a valve to adjust how much air there was in the mix so we could adjust for different conditions. we covered the entire yard (took a couple days), plus the neighbors cars and the hill where me and all the other kids would sled had about 2 feet on it once we spread out the huge pile it made. i think its still kickin around the basement somewhere, but heres some pics from the last time we used it.
201089105016267_29534.jpg
201089105022674_29534.jpg
201089105028424_29534.jpg
201089105033127_29534.jpg
201089105038111_29534.jpg

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man thats fn auwsome.
UOPK if you can do that you let me know how. you would be a god send.[BowDown]

·
Registered
538 Posts
if any of you guys do build one, you need something to keep the air hose from freezing. thats the biggest problem i had. either a heat wrap or something to take the water out of the system. oh, and something way bigger than a 12 gallon 5hp compressor. mine ran constantly for 3 days to cover the whole yard. im thinkin a custom built compressor using a 16hp briggs and maybe something to keep the air tank warm using the engine heat to keep the lines from freezing.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Did that a few years ago, here is a link to my posting from back then... http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/58615/display.aspx It was a lot of fun to tinker with and it actually made a decent amount of snow. Snowguns.com is the online forum where I got all of my info, interesting forum to check out if your interested. Any questions on it just ask.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^Thanx man^^

·
Registered
873 Posts
I bet the neighbors in that upscale neighborhood loved hearing that thing running for 26 hours

Chad

1 - 13 of 13 Posts