Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I rebuilt my Polaris XLT secondary clutch today and I put in the new 40 50/34 SLP Billet Helix with "Slick Shift" Hard shell anodizing has remarkable up and downshift, smooth operation, and is extremely durable. Super Tough! Super Slippery! Super Backshift! Use #40-9 Super Slippery™ Buttons for an awesome combination! SLP Helixes add performance with remarkable dependability anodized Helix as well as the Polaris oem siver/blue spring. I also replaced the buttons as well with SLP 40-9 super slippery buttons for improved clutch function and durability. I also cleaned the clutch really well and used Amsoil synthetic Marine grease on the internal clutch plate shafts and the inside of the SLP Helix. I have to admit it was much more difficult to preload the new spring which you can see is much thicker when compared to the old thin red spring that was in there since I lacked an additional set of hands. After several failed attempts I ended up taking it over to a snowmobile repair shop in town and it ended up taking two guys to reattach the circlip again since the new spring has so much more tension to it then the original red one. I also placed the new spring in the 3rd hole for improved backshift compared to the stock red spring and I am hoping it will improve the aceleration of my XLT. I will be riding this Sunday so I will post my results as to how much of an improvement this is over the stock strait 34 oem helix.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts