Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the weather pattern is ending. The past 2 years, have well, sucked. But, last year, we didn't get this cold, or anywhere near as much snow as were gonna get. If you look at old records, every 20 years something like this happens, but it get's hotter each time. The heat lasts 1-4 years also. But, it's fading off now. I think were gonna be back to ( well for maine ) the average 15-20 feet of snow a year. PRAY WE HAVE SNOW IN TO JUNE AGAIN! ( that's right. We had snow in June. Baseball season was on, and it was 80 degress out. And there was mounds and mounds of snow. We kept gatorades cool in the snow ). So, what do you guys think, is the effect finnaly fading?

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Winter was awsome in NW MN last year....

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
15-20' ??? LMAO! you joking right?

EDIT: please do your researches better then this,

Caribou, Maine averges gets around 110 to 120" per season and do the math 12" = 1' well I let you figure it out!

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Originally posted by Revagade800x
[br]15-20' ??? LMAO! you joking right?

EDIT: please do your researches better then this,

Caribou, Maine averges gets around 110 to 120" per season and do the math 12" = 1' well I let you figure it out!
That's only 180 to 240 inches of snow. There are places here in Utah that get 400-500" per year.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mabye caribous different. but, in denmark, back in the 04-05 season, we had 2+ foot storms. 04-05 was when the snow level started decreasing. We got 14' that year..

10 feet of snow isn't really that much. Once it's packed down. Around here also, people were getting mad after snow storms because the trails weren't groomed, the reason they weren't was because the snow was to deep for the groomers. We had a couple groomers buried back in the 04-05 season. But, hey, I was enjoying the powder. And I actually wish we had enough snow to get stuck, but, today, the only thing I got stuck on was a rock.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I live south of Buffalo, NY and we have had many years 300" or better, I think the average for my area is 220" It's been dismall this year and last year wasn't much to write home about. The inconsisten cold temps don't seem to stay long enough for the snow to set up. At the moment we are looking at at least a week of 20's and teens and a warm lake so were hoping for a big storm. We have a witer storm warning in effect until tomorrow night. Hoping that this pattern is ending.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
We have snow here every season.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by ArcticCat1
[br]We have snow here every season.
yeah.. but, is there any MAJOR snow.. Like, the stuff were you spend hours digging your sled out

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Originally posted by LakesOfTheNorth_rider
[br]all i need is a trip up north with 2 ft of snow and i will be a very hapy person
next weekend man! mancelona/kalkaska/lakesofthenorth here i come!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts