Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good friend of my dads has offered to sell us his 01 polaris xc 700,piped with some other goodies too for only $3000 bucks. But my dad who has plenty of extra money just to blow doesnt want ot buy it. I think he's a crazy and cheap bastard(but i love him anyway).
What do u guys think?

Im not trying to put down my dad, hes a good guy, im just havin some fun.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
How many miles on that thang? Been run hard? Used sleds around here are going for real cheap these days. Maybe the 'ol man isn't as cheap and crazy as I thought (and voted for).

dan-0

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
If its in real good cond, low miles and well maintained id buy it..and like pigboy said I kinda depends on your location to, sleds are worth more in some parts of the country then others..

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
It depends on the condition its in, how its been maintained, and the number of miles on it.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
He may have lost it or maybe he's looking at a new one. Us old guys do some crazy things sometimes. (Or so my wife says)

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
my dad got his 98 xc600 two seasons ago for 2400. This was in december, from a dealer, with 2500miles. Sled prices are low right now, and your dad is only getting a slightly better than average deal.

·
Registered
227 Posts
$3000 is a decent deal, but I think he is wise. That isn't a once in a lifetime deal, you'll be able to get a similar almost any time. Isn't the '01 xc 700 the sled that polaris made an
'01 1/2 w/ valves because it only got 55 miles to the tank at first?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts