Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of a cool helmet cam type video.. Looks like it has some get up and go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNZ0hAD_krQ&feature=related

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
his sleds obviously yelling at him, look at all the warning lights haha. pretty quick though.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Empire087 said:
his sleds obviously yelling at him, look at all the warning lights haha. pretty quick though.
just premium fuel light.. the other is brake i think

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
I still wouldnt mind a XCR 800 someday just to have,they were one of Polaris's better sleds.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yeah depending on the year the xcr 800 came stock with around 150 hp i think? not to shabby even though they were really heavy with like a 560 lb dry weight

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
thats battlestorms sled. he has a very good drag setup in that sled. with him on trail studs and a stock engine just gearing, clutching and jetting done to the sled, the only way a dragon 800 could even hold a candle was to add a pc3 controller, slp single pipe and speed track with chisels.

my xcr went faster in mph than his at radar runs but his sled pretty much eats up most xcr 800's with pipes and porting.

he dragged a skidoo 1000 twin mach z, he beat it until the guy added some nitrous.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
What's with the stutter off the line? I see the tach hit ~7750 and stutter, then it climbs to ~8200 and hovers there damn perfect...

I'm not pointing out a flaw, I'm asking because I want to learn... That thing hauls a$$!!

--edit-- Nevermind... I watched again, and it's pulling a wheelie, not a stutter..

·
Registered
232 Posts
i think that thing hit 112! thats flying, sweet video!

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
that thing runs damn near perfect!

-engages at around 4600 rpm, maxes out, and maintains at around 8100 rpm.
-0-60 mph in around 4 seconds :O :O
- 0-100 in 10 seconds :O :O :O
-0-114 in 16 seconds :O :O :O :O
-max speed around 114 mph :O :O :O :O :O

That is pretty crazy!!!

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Very fast sled right there. Those xcr 800 were fast! I would not mind owning one just to say I have one...

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
he has ran 119 for top end with them gears but the engine was overrevving.

the rpm thing is because of the two speed weights, they pull hard off the line. with out two sleds lined up he would have an instant sled length on me in a blink of an eye and then we would hold that difference to the end. after seeing his sled i am a big beleiver in them hammer weights or even the dragon fly wieghts.

on a timer the 0-60 time is about 3 seconds!!

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Did I ever tell anyone the story of when I beat a XCR800 with my old XLTsp...

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
pigboy said:
No.. Regale us!!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
pigboy said:
yeah yeah yeah. oh man i will never have that race disapear. plain old scenario of lots of hp with no traction vs good power with great traction.

·
Registered
845 Posts
madcow said:
he has ran 119 for top end with them gears but the engine was overrevving.

the rpm thing is because of the two speed weights, they pull hard off the line. with out two sleds lined up he would have an instant sled length on me in a blink of an eye and then we would hold that difference to the end. after seeing his sled i am a big beleiver in them hammer weights or even the dragon fly wieghts.

on a timer the 0-60 time is about 3 seconds!!
Wow thats pretty fast but why would he want the sled to rev so fast if he wanted top speed?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts