Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I trimmed back the windshield and painted the inside of it black. Turned out pretty good. Removed a 2" to 3" strip all around the top. Probably should have removed another inch or two, but oh well...Thanks again Darkstar!

Now:

Before:

·
Registered
137 Posts
That looks F'in sweet! What did you use to cut the Shield? I might do the same thing. . . .

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
GOOD JOB FLANGE!!! Looks Tight.

SXViper, I used a jigsaw to cut the windshield. I used detailers tape to mark the curve/cut line. Then just put the stock edging back on.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
That looks much better now, Good job Flange.

I still love the looks of that sled.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I had a good teacher! I was amazed at the difference it made just by removing the top portion that sort of kicks straight up...the granny portion.

SXViper, I used masking tape to get the line right, and a Dremmel to do the trimming. Worked great. I also reused the stock edging. If/when I ever do it again, I'll use the new paint they are selling that is supposed to bond to plastic. I saw them paint an old plastic lawn chair at Home Depot and it impressed me. Hopefully the paint I used won't crack.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I've had many windshields painted with regular spray paint and the only problem i have had is me rolling the sled and cracking the windshield, they have all held up just fine.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
That looks awsome flange, already compliments are very nice looking sled.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
That does look nice. I would, however, be worried about the spraypaint cracking and such. Is this a problem?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I raced a Cat like that on Sunday. . .

I barely lost. . . actually started to catch him but we ran out of room. Although I'm sure those extra 200cc would have taken over. . . Was fun to keep up with 900s tho!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Looks Sweet.
I bought a low windshield for my T-Cat @ RVSports for $50, My old windshield had a couple of small cracks in it anyway. But that looks great.
SXViper UT, The 700 triple really wakes up when you add pipes & reeds. Not real competitive in stock form but the Yamaha's do respond well to mods.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yes indeed. . . would of been cool to smoke him tho. Hmm, maybe I'll just think about it before I go to bed and wake up after a good dream.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
that looks awsome!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ya hit the nail on the head bigguy...if your considering a new windshield anyway, give this a try first...ya just might end up with what you were looking for...cheap!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts