Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am pretty new to the site (as I'm sure you can see by my post count) and my mind has been filled with sleddin sleddin sleddin for about a month now. NO snow yet, but the Wasatch Front here in Utah got a dusting and that's all it took. So tell me, why do you ride what you ride? I notice a TON of Polanus. . I mean Polaris (couldn't help it) folks here. Then again, a lot of them are short trackers. Does Polaris Rule the short track?

I have an 03 Viper Mountain and, of course, swear by it. My buddy's piped Mountain Max is a beast. . . I've only ridden Yams and Polaris and I personnally prefer the Yam. The polaris feels like a fat tank in the powder. The Yams are so agile back and forth when you lay a shoulder down. . . Man I can't wait.

So post your rants and ravings. . the Polanus was in good fun and I hope I didn't upset anyone. . . Have a good un'

Ahh the Deep:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Well the reason I ride a Polaris is because I grew up riding Polaris' and I have never had any problems with either of my sleds except the general maintenence. I have an 94 XLT and a 99 RMK 700. Now personally I always liked my mountain machine and most of the locals in the area seem to think that Polaris is the king of the mountain... but I like mine and haven't had a problem. The only mountain sled I have yet to ride is a yamaha but all of the other competitors put out good mountain sleds I just like my Polaris is all...

P.S. Welcome to the site! [:D]

Polaris4LIFE
/snofan/../images/users/polarisisthebest/Polaris.jpg

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I grew up with them as well. I am sure if I grew up with a different brand I would swear by that one instead. All the sleds have a different feel and jumping from one to another it is going to feel strange, just like trying out anything new in life like cars, clothing, and even glasses. It takes time to get used to it then it doesn't seem "strange" anymore.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Nice pic,
Hell its all about personal preference, people give me a hard time about my big heavy triple all the time, until I help them dig out on my way back down the hill.
The rider is all the difference.
Once your used to your sled I don't care if the next guy has the biggest baddest newest thing on the market if he can't ride it you'll still make them go home and wonder what they need to do or add to make their sled perform like yours.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
^^agreed rider makes the biggest difference.

Ride what you like, as long as you ride it doesnt matter what it is.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I ride polaris because thats what my relatives all ride, and I pissed them off enough when i bought a Ford. I'll probably always ride polaris because i know them the best, have the clothing, and am used to the way they drive.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I ride whatever I feel has the most bang for the buck when I'm ready to buy. I am very un-brand loyal. It just so happens that my last three sleds have been polaris 'cause I thought at the time I was getting the best sled available for the price point. (Indy 400...500...XLT).

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
I also grew up with mostly polaris, guess I have no reason to switch to another brand..Nice pic to!!!

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Bang for the Buck is what got me on polaris. Next time i go to buy if i get more bang for my buck with a ski-doo or yammi, or A/C then thats what I'll buy. If its styling is good, and has good power for the size engine it has, then i'm pretty much sold on it. When I walked into the Dealership where I bought my sled at, I fell in love with the styling as soon as i seen it. If I could have afforded a viper, that would have been my first choice, but the "Bang for the Buck" factor kept me away.

/snofan/../images/users/TriumphoverU/Triumph hood resized.jpg

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I ride polaris because the first sled "I" bought was a polaris and i love the styling and everything about them.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've always had ski doo, except for one polaris... Did notice a big difference, they are all good. I will never wear the clothes, screw them if they want a walking billboard they better start paying me.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Just like everyone else, I grew up on Cat. First was a 1973 Jag 340. I guess the biggest thing keeping me with Cat is EFI, I love not worrying about the temp.

·
Registered
328 Posts
For me, it depends a lot on dealers. My first sled was a Yammi, my second was A/C, third was polaris and the last 2 have been ski-doo. The only reason why i'm with Ski-doo now is because there aren't any good polaris, A/C or Yammi dealers around. I would much rather own a polaris, just because i like the look of the RMK and i like the tunnel and sound better than ski-doo. But our Polaris dealer is an A**hole. He tried to sell me a brand new sled up in the mountains one day. He had piped it and clutched it and told me i could buy it brand new in 2 days. He'd just take off the pipe and clutch kit and reset the odometer.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Man thats pretty bad, when your dealer tells you right to your face he an odometer fraud, makes you wonder!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm riding A/C. Its my first sled. I primarily bought it for looks and it was in the price range I could afford. I also know a person who is very familiar with them. So that would help if I had technical questions. Ski-doo or Yamaha would be nice if I could afford it. I'm not brand loyal yet. Next year, I am hoping to buy new.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
ive rode AC all my life until this coming witner i will be riding on a new Pro X2...so i dunno, i have rode like 3 other polaris's in my life, i test drove an XLT and rode some older indys....

·
Registered
124 Posts
My first sled was a Skirole! Then I've had two other ski-doo's before my ski-doo I have now (98' Formula Z 670). I think I like ski-doo so much because that is what my dad liked and most of my friends made fun of me for having them and that just made me like mine even more. Now most of those guys have converted to SKI-DOO.[:D]

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I started riding other people's skidoos. I bought Polaris cause I got a great deal on the first sleds i ever bought. If I could buy another sled today it would be a skidoo renegade or a Polaris switchback.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I buy the better sled for the buck with a good dealer. I picked up a 03 Mountain Cat 900 and it's a lot of sled and it was $1000 cheaper than the other 2 800s.

Anybody can make a sled perform if they dump money into it, but the 900 cat is pretty dang strong out of the box.

·
Registered
352 Posts
well i have always been a Yamaha Guy, and i got a good deal on My Yamaha ExciterII its a 136x1 570 piped and Cluched. and i love it....its a good all around sled...does great on the trails and does great in powder.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts