Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last year i made a post on this topic and got toasted for it but with all the new people hear i am going to do it agian just a little different. because this is a site for us to tell what things work and dont work i am going to say what i have found doesnt work, than what works.
when i got the xcr i put on a 144 by 1.75 track with stock gearing and everything. i called hot seat and said i need a clutch kit for an xcr 800, i wiegh 250 lbs and have a 144 1.75 track so on and so on. i got a kit and put it in. i called back for some specs on this kit and it was an off the shelf kit that is the same if someone wieghed 150lbs with a speed track. so against the radar i went. stock to hsp in the 1000' a big 1 mph.
thats what didnt work.

i went to hinckley motor sports and he saved me a lot of money by helping me choose the right pics and right amount. he also helped me gain 6 mph in the 1000', for a lot less money than hsp.

he is not some old buddy that i am trying to promote i am saying if you want excellent customer service and quality results, na, garenteed results, and some one who will listen to you and your sled before selling you a product than he is the man.

i have listend to all these big name places at haydays and when you ask a question every answer is the same. by this from me. luke is in the buisness for money also, but before i spent a dime there he gave me about two hours of his time just talking to see what i need where i am at and what results i want. the local cat and polaris dealers recomend him because they can do what he can. i challenge anyone to go to chopper city or any where with your stock imp stock or open mod for advice and than call luke and compare the conversations. they do all stock repair, trail set up race set up he can do big bores porting , you got a stock sled with pipes and heads and want to be competitive in improved stock class he will make that sled sing.

if i beat the chopper city sleds at rush city will you people take my word for this?
hinckley motor sports 320-384-7574 luke seggera hinkley mn

ps he doesnt know i am doing this, i am just that pleased.
thankyou and have a good mooorninglol.

nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Ya, you got burned good on this last year, and probably will this year. In fact I will... nah not worth it today. I'm just gonn ask, how big is your buddy compared to a company like hot seat or black magic? How many more calls do hsp or bm get compared to your friend. It's a lot easier to spend time with people when your a little guy in a big sea. I know from experience cause I'm not bm, just a little shop trying to make it with quality products and good service. When someone calls or stops over here we talk their ears off cause well we're not getting 4 calls a minute. Trust me, i've been in bm when the phone is ringing off the wall.

I don't use the brakes until I see God, and I am never wrong. I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
http://www.whiteknuckleperformance.com

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I'd say you both make very good points, however to each his own. I personally have never dealt with Hot Seat so I can't comment on their work, however for every mad client I'm sure there are at least 3 happy ones. I prefer to go through the small fry, customer satisfaction is priority number one in my book, but hey if you can get that from a big name company such as Hot Seat then more power to you!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i got toasted a lot when i first got on but o well.lol
he is a small shop. all the machine shop stuff is done at one of his old race buddys shop if i understand right. he still uses a lot of conections from the nssr days of racing and then being a tech inspector.
i like the little shops like you are so you get the personal touch and usually a better price. how many world records does hot seat have. how many customers actually compare stock to there new aftermarket stuff? most think it feels faster but is it. like i said before i raced a guy with the same sled as mine with pipes and clutch kit and beat him by 2 mph. a small shop can take time to test there work to verify quality.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
One item... Why would you drag race with a 1.75 track? That is hurting you for MPH right there, big time....

You want to drag race, unless your in the deep powder or something, you want a short, small lug track, with lots of studs.

-Dean

-
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

http://ripperd2.dhs.org

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
when i started racing i put the stock track back on, this year i am moving to a speed track. i was supprised i could still pull 110 on the speedo with that big track on. it was pretty mean looking i had it jack up the the rx-1. man that thing went threw snow. i will use that track on the custom trail sled but i will cut it down to 1.5-1.25.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Not again...

Ride the Best!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts