Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 1995 arctic cat powder specila ext and noticed that after riding for a while in any kind of snow ice starts to build up inside the tunnel and is even worse on the end of the tunnel by the snow flap. when the suspension gets a big hit the track hits the ice and i am worried that i will rip lugs off. is there anything i can do?

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
put it in a warm garage ,also want to be carefull it doesnt freeze down ,over night

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I think every sled gets ice build up on it.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I agree with ArcticCat1. It's going to happen. I guess once in a while when taking a break, try to beat some of the ice out.

·
Registered
764 Posts
ya i got the same sled and its just from the snow melting off the rear cooler under your tunnel extension. If it gets to bad just stop and kick the ice off. Ive never had a problem with it hurting my track.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sweet now i can ride withhout worrying i'm wrecking my sled.

·
Registered
128 Posts
yah wont hurt your track at all

·
Registered
482 Posts
The next morning just lift the back and drop it a couple times. If you have ever ridden behind a group of people you might notice that that ice does kinda fly out randomly too.

·
Registered
67 Posts
At The end of your ride....get a block of wood or steel or something and use it to jack your track off the ground.... then just open the throttle up a couple times... This should solve your problems

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[attachment=56532]this is serious ice if i forget to knock it off it gets about the size of the red outline on the sled. it only come off if the ice hits the ground when the suspension takes a big hit or i kick it off.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Originally posted by ArcticCat1
[br]I think every sled gets ice build up on it.
true except for the new phazers wiht the cut out area in the tunnel to take off weight.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Originally posted by ArcticCat1
[br]I think every sled gets ice build up on it.
Agreed... I always get ice build up on all of our sleds, make sure to store your machines in a warm garage. If you have serious ice issues now, make sure to stear away from any water holes or sluchy conditions when riding.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Originally posted by trayse
[br][attachment=56532]this is serious ice if i forget to knock it off it gets about the size of the red outline on the sled. it only come off if the ice hits the ground when the suspension takes a big hit or i kick it off.
ya it will get big, but its just coming from under the tunnel extension as the snow hits the cooler, i dont usually knock mine off, it falls off eventually when it gets big enough

Attachments

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I use the lift and drop method every time I let the sled sit for a while. Even if we just stop off for lunch or something.

·
Registered
131 Posts
that happens with every sled, besides ones with heated footing...but just pic that s$%$ up and drop it a couple times, and there is no way in hell that the ice will rip your lug off, and if i look closer you have little lugs, so chances are even less... i got 2 and a half or 1/4 and i hit all kinds of stuff, trees and rocks.still got mine, but thats pushing the luck.....nice sled my the way!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've got the'90 EXT Mountain Cat and the snow always builds up there. It usually drops off when it's parked for a bit and if it doesn't just do like the boys say, pick 'er up and drop 'er. You may want to check your thermostat too just to make sure it's working properly, you should notice the cooling plate steaming after a good ride and melting some of that ice and snow off onto the track. Which, of course, just gives you even more reasons to pick it up and drop it before each ride. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts