Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning a trip from Newmarket to Parry Sound for February 8. A route bypassing the land trails around Barrie (cutting across Lake Simcoe from Cook's Bay to Orillia) sure would save a bunch of time.

Anyone know what the current conditions are on the western portion of the Lake?

Thx muchly.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Not sure Steve but my brother lives on rice lake and said they have lots of snow up there and it is not far from Simcoe I do know that they have alot of fast machines up there these people have lots of money mostley rich retired guys or owners of big companies my brother is a retired Canadian Tire dealer. And his neibour is also a Millionare and owns what ever is the fastest sled that year. In the summer he has a 32 ft baha boat with twin 454s blown and crusies the lake with that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks the replies, gents.
Bill: I sled mostly up in the Lake Rosseau area (between Parry Sound and Bracebridge) as my buddy has a cottage there. Some truly massive "cottages" on the lake - Eric Lindros, Paul Coffey, Martin Short, and Kurt Russell/Goldie Hawn all have their cottages on Rosseau.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I spend lots of time up in the Rosseau area during the summer. I stay in Minet right near Cleavlands house. How is the ridding up there. I bet the trails are packed. I have a trip in the plans for that area soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Kevin - I've sipped many a Laker's Tea on Clev's outdoor bar.
My bud's pad is on Morgan's Bay, just west of the town of Rosseau - coming up from Minett you just turn left at the lighthouse.
Sledding's been great since early Jan, especially now that the lakes have stiffened up with the recent cold spell. Though the C102 trail (great run from Rosseau to the Seguin Trail) has been closed all season.
Going up there from Feb 22-26.
Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts