Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a WSA Pro Ice Racing event this weekend (Feb. 8-9). There will be ice oval racing, as well as a 1000' radar run that anyone can enter. Anyone going? It's located in Freeport, MN. Which is located in central MN.

It'll be fun. I'm riding my machine to the lake with some of my freinds, and the best part is that i only live about 6 miles away!
My buddy is entering his lightly modded '00 XC SP 600 in the drags, and i have to go help him "right now" to get it all dialed in. I'll post the results.

Here's the link:
http://www.pro-ice.com/MRPProIce.html

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, we took FIRST PLACE as of Saturday at the radar run in the "Stock 600" category with a 2000 XC SP 600. My friend actually owns the sled, but i did alot of the tuning on the machine so i was pretty proud with the win. However, to officially take first place we need to have the fastest speed of the ENTIRE weekend...so that includes tomorrow (Sunday) as well. We will go there again and hopefully keep our position.

Today's high was about 10-15 degrees F. and VERY WINDY! The radar run was aimed into the direction of the wind, so everybody's speeds were kinda slow. Our best speed in the 1000' today was 91.8 mph which placed us as "first" in Stock 600 beating out the competition by only 1/10 of a second! However, only 2 weeks ago a different radar run indicated 96 mph, so today's gusty wind was a big factor.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's official.

The radar runs are now over for the weekend and our group won First Place in the "600 cc stock" category. Less wind today helped to achieve a speed of 95.2 mph in 1000'. He got a trophy and a plaque to take home.

Ironically, we found out today that after we left the races yesterday, somebody else got a faster speed which actually put us in second place. Of course, whom ever has the fastest time of the whole weekend gets the overall win, which we successfully did.

Sure was fun, i can't wait until next time!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts