Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heyy just wondering if anyone has any good upgrades besides clutching and gearing for my sled? i have been playing with the idea of extending out to 144, but im not exactly sure if i want too. any hints/ideas would be appreciated!

·
Registered
863 Posts
if your looking to get more power out of it, i would suggest
-reeds?
-pipes?

i would suggest extending the track like you said, so the power can be put down to the ground with minimal track spin

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
what type of riding do you primarly do? that will tell a whole bunch about what you would like to do.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I had the same sled as you only in an 800. I extended mine to a 144". I loved it. I will never own another sled shorter than a 144". If you are looking for performance parts. I would definately get a single pipe. I got an SLP and it really woke up my 800. It was night and day difference. Here are a few picts of my old sled.

50842.jpg

50837.jpg

50836.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
zecow224 said:
what type of riding do you primarly do? that will tell a whole bunch about what you would like to do.
hard trail, thats why im not really sure if i need a longer track, i have herd it really does help with trail ridring also,,

bigrok said:
I had the same sled as you only in an 800. I extended mine to a 144". I loved it. I will never own another sled shorter than a 144". If you are looking for performance parts. I would definately get a single pipe. I got an SLP and it really woke up my 800. It was night and day difference. Here are a few picts of my old sled.

50842.jpg

50837.jpg

50836.jpg

love it, did u get alot of fresh powder or did u do more trail riding?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I am from western MN, and the past 4 years I wouldn't say we got an over-abundance of snow. I would say my riding was about 65% trail, 30% screwing around in fields, and 5% mountains. It rode much smoother than my buddy's 03 XC 500 on trails and hookup was better too.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bigrok said:
I am from western MN, and the past 4 years I wouldn't say we got an over-abundance of snow. I would say my riding was about 65% trail, 30% screwing around in fields, and 5% mountains. It rode much smoother than my buddy's 03 XC 500 on trails and hookup was better too.
im from wi so somewhat same conditions, how much you think it cost you to do the upgrades?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Track 144x1.25 switchback take-off = $300
Rail Extentions = $80
Tunnel Extention= Free (I got it from my neighbor)

Other things I put on that you wouldn't need....
Switchback rack = $250 (I think)
LED Taillight = $150
8" wheels = $150

You can do the complete extention for about $500
TracksUSA rail ext = $130 with track, $170 without
TracksUSA tunnel ext = $99
Good used track = $200+
Some gearing and cluch changes = $100

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Go with the 136 footprint with PPS ride if you can get it, or if you are totally into putting miles on in to trail riding, drop the M-10

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
polaris1man said:
Go with the 136 footprint with PPS ride if you can get it, or if you are totally into putting miles on in to trail riding, drop the M-10
why get rid of the M-10??

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
144's are decent but 136 is probably a better length for trail riding. gives you a nice smooth ride and yet you can still bang it through the ditches with out a hitch!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts