Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I asked this question last spring...well, I am asking it again. What would you like to see improved, added, etc.. to these sites for next winter? I don't mean by just adding forums, I mean site wide...the whole deal. Besides the webpages system, what you everyone like to see done? Any suggestions will be taken into consideration.

Thanks!

·
Registered
412 Posts
A feature I've seen on other forums is that the symbol next to the threads shows if it's a thread you've posted on. It makes it easy to keep track of posts you're trying to follow.

·
Registered
170 Posts
There have been alot of discuss about the chat... whats the situation now?

·
Registered
170 Posts
or how about uploadable ( is that uploadable?) avatar pic? that would be nice

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
There was talk about having a FAQ section for sleds, like how to clean and sync carbs, throttle and choke cables, pre-season, post-season prep work to sleds, how to bleed oil or coolant systems.

Just seems like we get a lot of those questions, and we end up typing the same responses over and over.

·
Registered
226 Posts
An item that would be really nice would be a "Manuals" section that shows exploded schematics for rebuild/repair/maintenance etc. for all brands of sleds. [:I]I don't know about copyright laws, but this feature would be pretty cool. . . I know I would use it.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
i agree with dooer...i think we should be able to customize our avatar and member statis ourselves.Other wise its a great site the way it is.

·
Registered
83 Posts
could you make a feature to be able to post movies (short movie clips), like how you can post pics??? So we can do it ourselves instead of you guys having to do it?

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
chat room, mabe more icons and custome avators.. Otherwise im happy with everything else.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Custom avatars are available, but you have to get erick or I to set them up, this is to prevent the hassle of getting rid of inappropriate avatars. I know this wouldn't be a large problem, but it could be one.

Chat rooms take discussion from the boards. So unless we can figure a way to post the chats, or log them or whatever, no chat.

Posting movies is out of the question due to bandwidth issues.

Manuals section would take hours upon hours of work. I am building a section on my site with how to's and stuff, sure it's performed on Polaris sleds but it's applicable to any snowmobile.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
as far as custom avitars... snowest does it, and I think their forum has roughly 50,000 members, possibly more.

-Dean

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think we just may go ahead and impliment an avatar system you can upload your own with. I will of course be setting a size limit at aroujt the 5 - 10 k area and they will not be any bigger than 64x64 pixels.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Couldn't you just set a limit on the size of the movie you can upload? I mean some of the smaller clips are smaller in size than a couple big pics. Just wondering.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
I think p-mans idea would be good to were p-man or eric could just open the chat room every so often or something..

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Schedualed chat could happen, what do others think of that?

·
Registered
331 Posts
P-Man and Erick, I think that a scheduled chat would be good too, although I understand that the idea behind a forum is to be able to search and find a topic that has been discussed, too bad you can't 'log' a chat session and save it to a forum file....I think it would be great to be able to log in and get answers 'real-time' though....just my opinion....I think you guys are doing a great job here, esp since it is 'volunteer' and done in your spare time...

·
Registered
328 Posts
I like the scheduled chat, although it may be a little hard to find a time when everyone can participate. Theres people from all over the world, which means that depending on the times you choose, it may mean that some people don't get to participate. What might be nice is instead of subscribing to a topic and having it emailed to you, having the icon change color or something?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I like the idea of scheduled chats and such. Id also like to see say a Calendar of you guys in swimwear on their sleds, or making snow angels, something like that LOL. MMMMMmmmm um dont tell Bobby this was my suggestion. Also just a quick note I am a good photographer so I could help make the calendar. LMFAO
Just messing with ya's. The forum is awesome!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts