Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a couple weeks ago i was at the grass drags and noticed that most of the sleds there had quite alot of slack, from what ive seen here, that loose is "fast" and tight is "slow", now my book says, only like a 11/4" but what ive seen at the drags these guys seem to be running like 11/2" to 2" what do you guys think? right now im like 3/4" slack, how loose should i go, and what are the pluses and minuses of running more slack, other than the obivous speed, ?after watching these guys i think im way tight? what do you guys think?

if its not a CAT, then it must be a dog!

·
Registered
777 Posts
as loose as possible , to point just before your track starts to rachet,{track drivers slipping on the track lugs} increased speed and hyfax life,if your running studs might want to keep it a little tigher.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
As XC said...run it loose... as to how loose thats up for trial and error. But beware, if you have studs in your track, keep it in the mfg suggested range. The studs can easily damage the center cooler if they hit it. Other than that, just check to make sure the track is still running true(straight) and you should be fine.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys thats pretty much what i thought but wanted to here it from some people that know best. get out the wrenches!

if its not a CAT, then it must be a dog!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
i agree with xc also, but on a race sled you will see a lot of slack, because speed tracks have less stretch. on a high hp machine with stock track run it only a little looser than factory, the track can balloon at high speeds.

nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts