Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://myfox9.carsoup.com/used/detail.asp?vehicletypeid=5&makeid=569&modelid=0&modelyear=2003&usedvehicleid=8461350&searchid=V2680&returl=L3VzZWQvc3VtbWFyeS5hc3A%2fTVNUeXBlPW9uJm1vZGU9bWFrZSZ2ZWhpY2xldHlwZWlkPTUmbW90b3JzcG9ydHN0YWJiZWR3aWRnZXQkdGFiV2lkZ2V0JHRhYnNnZW5lcmljbWFrZXN0YWIkaGlkZE1TVGhyZXNoPTEmemlwY29kZT01NjM0NSZyYWRpdXM9NTAwJnNlYXJjaGlkPVYyNjgwJmludnR5cGVpZD0zJnJlZmluZWlkcz1tYWtlaWQmbWFrZWlkPTU2OQ%7e%7e

http://myfox9.carsoup.com/used/detail.asp?vehicletypeid=5&makeid=569&modelid=0&modelyear=1998&usedvehicleid=9128642&searchid=V2680&returl=L3VzZWQvc3VtbWFyeS5hc3A%2fTVNUeXBlPW9uJm1vZGU9bWFrZSZ2ZWhpY2xldHlwZWlkPTUmbW90b3JzcG9ydHN0YWJiZWR3aWRnZXQkdGFiV2lkZ2V0JHRhYnNnZW5lcmljbWFrZXN0YWIkaGlkZE1TVGhyZXNoPTEmemlwY29kZT01NjM0NSZyYWRpdXM9NTAwJnNlYXJjaGlkPVYyNjgwJmludnR5cGVpZD0zJnJlZmluZWlkcz1tYWtlaWQmbWFrZWlkPTU2OQ%7e%7e

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
that first one for $6000 is outrageous! Not sure what's wrong with the second, does he not know what the sled is?

what about 2 1998 Trail Tourings and enclosed trailer for $7500? 400 miles on each sled, but that doesn't make them worth anything, still a 12 year old sled.
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/rvs/1899069305.html

·
Registered
443 Posts
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
that first one for $6000 is outrageous! Not sure what's wrong with the second, does he not know what the sled is?

what about 2 1998 Trail Tourings and enclosed trailer for $7500? 400 miles on each sled, but that doesn't make them worth anything, still a 12 year old sled.
I was on craigslist and someone had a [highlight=red]1988 polaris xc 600[/highlight=red] with the seat all duct taped up, the hood cracked all over and the hood was duct taped to. And this guy was asking 1000 BEST OFFER.[pillepalle]

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
indyrider15 said:
Polaris_Parts_MN said:

I was on craigslist and someone had a [highlight=red]1988 polaris xc 600[/highlight=red] with the seat all duct taped up, the hood cracked all over and the hood was duct taped to. And this guy was asking 1000 BEST OFFER.[pillepalle]
Gotta keep in mind what the engine and drive parts are worth still.

As for the first ad, holy smokes, thats a high price. I dont get the 2nd one though. Looks like a 98 Z 440 to me. They listed it with a car listing and thats why it has the transmission/fuel/etc...

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
indyrider15 said:
It's a typo. It should be a 1998 not a 1988. but its still a junk sled. A really nice one of those is only worth $1200. In the ad he also says "it's worth $1500 all day long" but then he has it for sale for a grand?? what? he is retarded. If he really thinks its worth $1500, then why didn't he put the price at $150?. Just for the record, the only way someone would pay $1500 for a 1998 XC6 is if it was absolutely Mint in every way and completely spotless, that's not the case with this one.
He also has a video link to it running, it has a homemade can on it... sounds pretty good at idle, but still... thats pretty sketchy

sledcrusher said:
That sled aint worth parting it out. cosmetically, its a pile of crap.
Dman's brother has had a '98 BB 600 for sale on minneapolis CL for months at $475. Nobody bought it so now he's parting the motor out. I mean if you can't even get $500 for a 600 Liberty, that's pretty pathetic. I had thought it was a good deal, but I didn't have a use for that motor.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
indyrider15 said:
It's a typo. It should be a 1998 not a 1988. but its still a junk sled. A really nice one of those is only worth $1200. In the ad he also says "it's worth $1500 all day long" but then he has it for sale for a grand?? what? he is retarded. If he really thinks its worth $1500, then why didn't he put the price at $150?. Just for the record, the only way someone would pay $1500 for a 1998 XC6 is if it was absolutely Mint in every way and completely spotless, that's not the case with this one.
He also has a video link to it running, it has a homemade can on it... sounds pretty good at idle, but still... thats pretty sketchy

sledcrusher said:
That sled aint worth parting it out. cosmetically, its a pile of crap.
Dman's brother has had a '98 BB 600 for sale on minneapolis CL for months at $475. Nobody bought it so now he's parting the motor out. I mean if you can't even get $500 for a 600 Liberty, that's pretty pathetic. I had thought it was a good deal, but I didn't have a use for that motor.
Ya that sled looked bad.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
on the second one, $2,000 dollars for a 98 440 Fanner, that sled shouldn't be over $1,000 and this is summer time. I paid $1,200 for my 500 liquid 3 years ago with fewer miles.

·
Registered
380 Posts
OK I get the 2nd one: rear wheel drive, automatic. Sure you dont have to shift it but its not like it has a tranny either. And anyone who thinks the skis put power to the ground...HA!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Here's one that touches on a topic that comes up frequently:
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/rvs/1894600873.html
"Increasing the performance handling and snowmobile appearance"
Uhhhh, actually more like BS, BS, and "sort-of".
Impossible to improve performance since the 3 things that make a sled go faster aren't achieved: a faster motor, less sled weight, and improvements in the drivetrain.
Highly unlikely handling is better. Center of gravity is raised significantly with the drop kit. The front of the track doesn't even touch the ground.
It makes the ass end awful high.

And we all know drop kits doesn't give you any more suspension travel

·
Registered
380 Posts
Oh wow no joke; the front of the track doesnt toutch the ground at all! Kinda silly indeed. How are those vmax sleds anyway? Ive heard theyre slow, but never rode one.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Who ever pays for twice the amount of what a sled is worth deserves to get ripped off.
201048184044932_23064.jpg
I am refering to the price of the sleds.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Well the Vmax 4 (4 cylinder 2 stroke 800cc) sure aren't slow. But the problem with the Vmax are the terrible suspension, so I hear (never rode one). The front suspension is just a terrible design, I mean look at it! No trailing arms, no radius rods/control arms. And I bet the rear suspension would be comparable to the old Polaris 8-incher. So, pretty bad suspension!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Vmax are ugly in my opinion.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yeah that is a pretty weird looking setup, kinda seems like there is no strength in it also, like it coul rip right off

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
Well the Vmax 4 (4 cylinder 2 stroke 800cc) sure aren't slow. But the problem with the Vmax are the terrible suspension, so I hear (never rode one). The front suspension is just a terrible design, I mean look at it! No trailing arms, no radius rods/control arms. And I bet the rear suspension would be comparable to the old Polaris 8-incher. So, pretty bad suspension!
Hit the nail on the head right there. The pogo stick suspension sucked. My dad had a 92' Vmax4 750 with bender quad pipes ( not quad as in atv, quad as in 4 seperate pipes ) with stinger tips on them. Shaved the heads .030", thicker base gasket to change port timing, ported in intake and exhaust ports, 4 uni filters, a lot of clutch work, and to top it all off, an Xtra-10 suspension in the rear ( although the xtra-10 isnt anything to write home about, it was years ahead of the Vmax skid ). Talk about a very fast, but very heavy, sled.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Actually, I think he still has the 600 Big block (hint hint) for sale complete. The one listed now is another parted out motor....

Someone from PA was supposed to buy the Complete motor but have not heard if the deal came through yet....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts