Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
How many turns in should my idle and air screws be on my 91 indy 650(stock)? like half a turn or whatever its supposed to be anyone know....thanks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh i should add im trying to set these because everyone tells me im running a bit rich....how would i set it so its more lean? Thanks again

·
Registered
608 Posts
Start with your pilot air screws out 1 1/2 turns from lightly seated. To lean the idle out turn the screw counter clockwise. As far as your idle screws adjust them to allow your sled to idle at about 1800 RPM. Make sure the carbs are close to identicle in this setting.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i got the idle down to about 1800(1600) and its still bogging. i cant find the pilot air screws though. we are going on about a 250 mile trip this weekend 500 in all and will this hurt my sled? Thanks

·
Registered
608 Posts
Pilot air screws are located to the rear of the idle adjust screw. They are small slotted screws. They only effect the idle to 1/4 throttle circuit. If this is not your sleds problem then don't adjust them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how much do you think it would cost me to bring it down to the shop to have them set the carbs?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts