Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at one of the recent posts today, I clicked on a link to Ebay Motors. found the following auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42608&item=2439932383

I was wondering what you guys thought about the bearings being auctioned (are they good, bad, whatever...) and if they will fit the boogie wheels on my 1996 XLT SP w/ xtra-12
suspension. The part number listed in the auction is 6205-2RS.

Thanks [8D]

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I'd find out what bearings fit in your wheels, if it's 6205-2RS then they will fit. Apparently they are new, so it should be no different than going to a store and purchasing bearings, although these are cheaper.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was doing a little research on the web as to what OEM part# Polaris uses. I went to Partsland.com and found OEM Part# 3514303. Then I searched for 6205-2RS which brought me to Manufacturers Supply's web site. They sell the same part# and it is an OEM replacement for the Polaris part# I found I'm thinking I am good with these bearings if I decide to purchase them.

·
Registered
553 Posts
With the buy it now and shipping cost they come out to under 4.00 bucks each. Depending on quality this is a great deal. I usually take mine into the local napa store and for half the price of polaris brand they will even take out and install them for me right there in the store. But this is a hell of a buy if they work out for ya.

TXC

·
Registered
608 Posts
That's the wonderful thing about a non-metric sled. All the bearings are common and cheap, I have always bought y bearings from where I work.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have not yet attempted to change the idler wheel bearings but from the sounds of if, it may be more complated than originally thought? TXC you said that you bring the wheels to NAPA? Sounds like you need a press to get them in and out. I thought there was just a retaining clip then a little tapping and out they come.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
It is a snap ring that holds them in. You should have no problem getting them out assuming you have a snap ring puller.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, got one of those. Thank God, I thought I was in for another project that took longer than expected. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
LOL all snowmobile jobs take longer than their supposed too... Just ask my wife.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Without a doubt! Sounds like I am not alone!My wife has to deal with the same problem.
At least now I don't kid myself. I already know that it will take all day, no matter what I think, it will just take all day![:D]

·
Registered
553 Posts
I took mine in to see if they carry any bearings that would work. They did and since I know two of the guys that work there they did it for me while we shot the sh*t with each other. I thought it was great!
TXC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts