Snowmobile Fanatics banner

idler wheel/ edge x 600

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  ganch 
#1 ·
does any one knwo how to take the idler wheel off in the middle of the track just behind do i just pull those spacers out or wut or is it al under tension and connected to that shock[attachment=47920] it is thtas black wheel in the middle its spilt as you can see

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Yep the the idler wheel shaft is under some tension between the rails. you need to pry the shaft up but you need to pry up one side a little bit then the other side and then alternate until the shaft comes out.
Good luck

#4 ·
A shaft goes threw there. I would just take the whole suspension out,Only 4 bolts hold it in but you need a thin 7/8 wrench for the inside rear.I take mine out every year to look it all over good.Take shocks off & push them in to see if they sound smooth if not have rebuilt.I just rebuilt my rear pps shock this year it had a bubble sound to it when pushing on it just in one spot.

#5 ·
Good idea to go through the entire suspension before you ride.
I thought it was just an idler set of wheels you had in the picture. Now I realise that they are under tension by way of the shock. You need to undo the lower shock mounting bolt and remove the shock from it's lower housing. Careful the shock will be under some spring pre-load, To make the removal process easier you need to reduce the pressure on the shock spring adjuster nut(unscrew the spring).
Once the shock has been removed the idler wheels should swing up and forward enough to be removed.
Good luck

#6 ·
No the shock is should be connected to the idler wheels somehow if I remember right. This is EDGEX600RIDER by the way im just logged onm as Bmxican. I will be takin my suspension out of my sled to fix the lower rear shock bolt since it happended to shear or the nut came loose and fell off. Its gonna be a PINTA.

#7 ·
im so rattled were gettin 10 cm tonight and this stupid wheel is making me so mad they dont have any in town now they have to order it so like another 2 week now i havent even got to try this thign out and already i have to fix things thats ebay for you i guess you gotta make 100% sure everythign is ready to go look underneath at every little thing when you pick it up else youll be like me looking at all this snow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.