Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to summerize my 1998 Polaris XC 600 and when I started it up it would seem to load up on fuel and other times it would seem to not have enough in the cylinders. Eventually it would die. I started it up again and eventually it did the samething. Also, sometimes after the sled was up to N.O.T when I would press the throttle and it would seem to bog out. I know this particular sled model has its issues. Im trying to fix this before next winter so it will run better. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I would start with opening up the carbs and removing both the main jets and pilot jets and inspect and clean them thoroughly, and also remove the choke cables from the carbs and inspect and clean the choke pull barrels and the choke bores in the carbs themselves, make sure the chokes are adjusted and working properly, fresh fuel is key here also as the sled has been sitting for a while and the fuel has probably gone to poo-poo, try these suggestions and let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
269 Posts
just clean the carbs first then look further if still not operating correctly. also change your fuel filter. had mine start falling apart and plugged my jet up so bad that i couldnt clean it. had to replace the jet twice in that week :p

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
The sled should load up, flood out and stall if you run it in warm weather, with the jetting for cold weather...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Make sure that the choke plungers are adjusted properly and chech your float hight. I had 2 xlt's that did the same and after I adjusted the chokes and needle seats it cleared up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts