Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to start racing snowmobiles this year. I was wondering what I must do to my sled to get it ready for this year 10/11? I ride a Polaris 600rr. Please help.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
250 Posts
Is it bone stock currently or do u have anything done to it? Shocks, clutching, gearing etc.. What year is ur sled?

Im not a big polaris guy but those are on an iq chassis with trail suspension if im right? These came out in 07 08?

·
Registered
695 Posts
you'll have to gear it down for more acceleration clutch it more aggressively, revalve your shocks stiffer, get a deeper lug higher durometer track with studs, and take off as much weight as possible

·
Registered
250 Posts
Its alot of work to get it ready and ull find that u dont get it right off the get go startin out, took alot of test and tune for me when i started to get things dialed in

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Are you racing snox or xcountry? If your racing xcountry your sled should be pretty well set up.

·
Registered
863 Posts
you dont need to set up your sled like stated above if your only racing in say trail sport 600. bit it obviously would help.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Easiest way to get it ready for racing is to hang a for sale sign on it and get a 2008-2011 IQ600r. But if that's not an option then you need to get your shocks re-valved stiffer(iqr specs), gear down, clutch to higher engagement(5000 or higher) and stud it. Then(if you can run race gas) get your head cut to bump up the compression and run 110 oct to get your sled on par with the other 600cc race sleds.

·
Registered
863 Posts
sorry, but i think you guys are missing the point. he just wants to start racing. he wont be riding pro. you can run your sled the way it is in the sport class.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Depends, if it is a TRUE 600RR, ONLY made in 2008, then get the shocks valved stiffer, and clutch it and you will be alright,

However if it is a 600 IQR trail converted (which doesn't make it into a IQRR) then get do shocks stiffer if you adjusted them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a 1 3/4 track, i geared it down for that. You can only run 96 studs right..? The end of last year I re-valved my shocks for hill climbs that had pretty big jumps on it. And i had my clutch redone last year before i went out west and it engages at 45-4800.

Are you sure you can race stock with milled heads??

I want to race snox.

Its a 08 polaris 600rr

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Sounds like your set. Exceot I don't know the answer to the midded heads question.

You might want your clutch to engage a little later. I hear that the bigger sno-X guys have it around 5200-5500

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
the best thing you can do is alot of pushups, sit ups and running, hand strength, good legs and good lungs will make up for a lack of sled here and there.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
As long as the susnpension is tuned to a good state it should rock AS IS. Don't change anything really.

It ain't about HP until you hit semi-pro and pro level...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts