Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, now I know that pretty much everyone has a manufacturer that they're supremely loyal to, for me it's yamaha, but everyone has one that they would very rarely if ever waiver from.

now put yerself in a situation where you're manufacturer went out of business or whatever, but you CAN'T buy their sleds anymore, so, who's sleds do you buy? which of the other three gets yer business.

For interests sake, try to make it not be just one sled, or just one year of sled, but like, the general overall, like, all MXZ's, or all XC's

personally I would go with ski-doo, because they come out with some very good ideas, they had powervalves first I think, ('93 models? w/ RAVE) and the electronic reverse, plus their canadian, so it's the patriotic thing for me to do.

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I would personally go with SkiDoo also. I enjoy the MX Z and the fact that they are Canadian.

It's not how fast you go, but how much fun you are having.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would go to a Cat ZR or Firecat, I have had one in the past and really like it. So now your asking if I liked it so much why don't you have one now??? Well just my loyalty to Polaris, plus I have a "in" at the local dealer.

I think its Snowing!!
1999 Polaris XCR 440

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
arctic cat. from what i've seen of ski-doo, they haven't left me very impressed. yamaha is great if you don't want to be the best in any specific area.

There's no stopping Arctic Cat........ REALLY!!

'99 XC SP 500

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I would have to go to a tyson 250hptriple at 430lbs!!!!
enough to make a grown man cry, ok maybe not but deffinatly a little more frisky!!1

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> I would have to go to a tyson 250hptriple at 430lbs!!!! [/quote]
never heard of those. any links?

'99 XC SP 500

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
nm, nm. i remember now- now that it's SPELLED RIGHT! jk jon ;)

'99 XC SP 500

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I'd go with a Ski Doo. Not the ugly REV though.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am not sure if a Tyson really counts for this post. Don't get me wrong it looks like a kick a$$ sled, But I think it is just a modified Polaris RMK from the photos that I looked at. Plus the spec sheet Listed those prices OOOCCHHH!

I think its Snowing!!
1999 Polaris XCR 440

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I'd either go w/a Viper or a REV right now.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
you are right bigfish the price on a complete sled is ouch in a big way. they are a whole new sled you pick the hood style and the length of track hp engine size anything specific on the seat were and what kind of tail light. i like big smooth tripples with long tall seats(95xlt seat oooo yaaa). nobody offers that. I want to ride for milage, comfort and performance. I dont want a machine from snocross that are being made for jockeys, so you can jump thity feet in the air but how are you after a 150 mile day. the factorys going to this trend doesnt entice me. my perfect sled would be built around my gen 2 bulk head and 800 tripple I would get the hp up to 180, wich would still be a very trailable engine that would still be easy on gas. with a 144-1.25 track maybe with the new m-16. a boss seat that sits me about 4inches higher and a couple inches back than what i have now. it may cost the same as a new sled but it fits me!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Madcow, thanks for pointing out that it is a whole new seld. I didn't read that much into it, but isn't a there great deal of the parts off the other brands...Sort of a best of all worlds type of deal? I respect your disatisfaction with the manufactures not making the seld you want to buy. They don't make what I want either, I want a consumer version of the snocross selds. As in 440cc, not 500cc. That is why I am sticking with my 99 XCR 440 for now. Now if Polaris made a Pro-X 440 liquid ( I am comaparing with the 02 model. ), with a 10.5 gallon gas tank, with oil injection, with adjustable handle bars not quite as extreme as the race model, and a little larger windshield.... I would be snowchecking a 03 this year. I should add that I will ride 150 miles on my XCR, say 50/50 - ditch/trail in a day. Afterwards I feel a lot better then when I had my 96 xlt. I found with the way I like to pound ditches, the 440 was way less tiring. Just to make in fair though, I thought that my 96 xlt was the best "groomed trail" riding sled I have rode.

I think its Snowing!!
1999 Polaris XCR 440

·
Registered
586 Posts
Well, if I couldn't get another Polaris I think I would have to go with the MXZ in the X package.I have to agree with polaris man, that rev just isn't for me.I read somewhere that skidoo is offering the spring order X package on any liquid MXZ for 2003.I think the MXZ-X is an outstanding performance/race machine.

Once in awhile you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts