Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a 95 XLT SKS it has an xtra 10 with a 133 in the back the front is stock IFS im pretty sure and the shocks are junk. So I have a line on all the pieces to and xtra 12 front suspension I am going to purchase them and put the xtra 12 on the front of my XLT. My qustion is after I get it installed am I going to need to adjust or move my skid cause the sled is going to sit up a considerable amount in the front am I going to have to do anything in back ??. any help would be great thanx in advance XLT_DEMON

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Not worth your time. I did it on a '91 Indy Classic, and I'd never do it again. Keep your Xtra 10.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
That sled did not come with Xtra-10, it came with XC-100 (AKA xtra-8) and 7.25" front suspension.

In order to upgrade that you'll need a bellypan with taller shock towers to clear the suspension.

As for lowering the rear susp, lifting the sled will make the sled more top heavy. You can probably make it more rideable without lifting the sled by loosening the front limiter straps.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
That sled did not come with Xtra-10, it came with XC-100 (AKA xtra-8) and 7.25" front suspension.

[highlight=yellow]In order to upgrade that you'll need a bellypan with taller shock towers to clear the suspension.[/highlight=yellow]

As for lowering the rear susp, lifting the sled will make the sled more top heavy. You can probably make it more rideable without lifting the sled by loosening the front limiter straps.
your right about it bing XC-100 in the front but i have an xtra 10 in the back but as far as it not being compatible for an xtra 12 up front i have seen it done so i am sure it would work but would it ride better with just an xtra 10 up front maybe?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
XLT_DEMON said:
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:

[highlight=yellow]In order to upgrade that you'll need a bellypan with taller shock towers to clear the suspension.[/highlight=yellow]

your right about it bing XC-100 in the front but i have an xtra 10 in the back but as far as it not being compatible for an xtra 12 up front i have seen it done so i am sure it would work but would it ride better with just an xtra 10 up front maybe?
am i right or wrong about it being able to fit cause i swear i seen it done and also the XLT SP has xtra12 front and back so..

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
would it work better to just upgrade to xtra ten cuz i pretty much already bought most of the parts i need i think

·
Registered
203 Posts
I did an xtra 12 swap on my 94 XLT and there is alot of work to get it to fit and work it is not just a shock change. If you can get a extra 10 set up go that route.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
700RMK136 said:
I did an xtra 12 swap on my 94 XLT and there is alot of work to get it to fit and work it is not just a shock change. If you can get a extra 10 set up go that route.
well i knew it wasnt just a shock change you gotta get all the radius rods and trailing arms and sway bars and such

1 - 11 of 11 Posts