Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1980 yamaha enticer 340 and was wondering if anyone has the specs for that machine. Specifically the ignition coil. I am wanting to test the coil to see if that is what I need to replace. Go figure the sled has been starting up everytime I went to start it by about the fourth or fifth pull, Took it out for the first time this year and now she won’t start at all. No spark at all. If anyone could help me out that would be great… I know I could get that from a manual that I am in search of but just thought I would try here first

Thanks

·
Registered
329 Posts
Pull the black lead on your CDI box (this is located under the air intake box under the carb), This will take out any chance that you have a direct short in your wire harness and tell you that it is indeed your coil. When you do this be sure both plugs are out of the cylinders when checking for spark. None of the kill switches will work until you plug the black lead in again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info saberstang !! I unhooked the black wire and then plugged the wire back in was getting spark... put the plugs back in and after a few pulls she started right up.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Mine would do the same thing once or twice a season, No idea why, just had a bone to pick with me or something. I would recommend that you trace your wiring harness just to be sure that you don't have a bare wire showing. Most of it can be seen by taking out a few 10mm bolts from the air box, but the see the tail light wires you have to remove the seat. The two screws at the rear of the fuel tank are easy to get the ones at the rear under the tunnel are some times a pain if they have rusted. Hope that helped you out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts