Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm having a problem with my sled. (89 indy 650 well sort of it has 92 motor, x-tra 10 suspension, the seat is from a '94 xlt, and the list goes on).. O.k. on to my problem.. I brought it out of storage the other week started up no problems a little smoky from the fogging oil... drove it on to the trailer and shut it down. Since then I got it home removed the seat to replace the tunnel protectors. Did that no prob. put the seat back on. Now it won't start? It seems I have no ignition at all no spark, and no light. Both kill switches and the key test out fine. Could it be the CDI box or am I missing something really simple any and all suggestion welcomed and appreciated..

This place is great thanks!

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
check the wiring under the seat. it sounds like you somehow grounded the hot wire going to your tail light. that will cause the problem your having.

i cant take a day without my polaris Let alone a lifetime.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
There are three plastic plugs that hold numerous wires. this is a prime place for corrosion to set in. They are down the right side of the motor at the bottom. Disconnect clean and connect back up with some dielectric grease. One of the plugs has a single wire... brown, I think and if it is disconnected or corroded you will have your trouble. Ive had this numerous times its worth a try.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet...! Thanks..!!! I unplugged the three connections plugged 'em back together and bingo.. The connections seem a little loose.. And since they are under the air box, they won't be accessible on the trail if I were to have this problem again.. They weren't corroded or anything just a little loose.. What's the best way to ensure they aren't going to loosen up again.. I guess I disturbed them when I was taking off the tank..

Thanks again..!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I just remembered there are little clip things that attach to the wiring harness and then get plugged into holes on the frame/tunnel. Better make sure they're in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts