Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been snowing about 1 1/2 to 2 hours in Moline Illinois and theres about 1 inch or so on my deck railing. The yards is almost all snow with very little grass showing. If it keeeps it up like they're talking about i will have 3-6 when its all said and done. That would be just great....that means i have to readjust my track, put the tripple pipes on the RXL and reinstall my clutches and belt and go terrorize the country side.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kicson66 said:
Send some of that up here! [thumb]
If i remember right isnt Mchenry right by shitcago? if so ya'll are susposed to get more than we do here on the river. It has kinda petered out now. I got like 3 or so here at the house off John Deere Expressway.

·
Registered
192 Posts
BrianLee said:
kicson66 said:
If i remember right isnt Mchenry right by shitcago? if so ya'll are susposed to get more than we do here on the river. It has kinda petered out now. I got like 3 or so here at the house off John Deere Expressway.
Actually north west of chi town.... Almost the wis. state line

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kicson66 said:
BrianLee said:
kicson66 said:
Actually north west of chi town.... Almost the wis. state line
We got about 3-4 as of this morning! Suposed to get another 1 or 2 possibally. Thats a very sharp of Monte you got. I gotta take my father to work and then come home and put the pipes on my RXL and got throw some snow!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Well.... 3-4 inches, took the 500 efi for a quick spin, Forgot the seat was unbolted! My wife was going to re-cover it, got my attention real quick! LOL... Just flurries now bummer! I need the lakes to freeze up nice and solid!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Im about 45 minutes from east moline and i think we got around 6 or 7 inches. Its much better than that 60 degree weather last week!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
You moline guys, where do you ride?! My grandparents live in Moline and Coal Valley. I know there are trails (from what the grandma says..) out by/towards/in coal valley, but not in Moline that I've heard of? haha just wondering because I am semi-aware of that area. :p

·
Registered
50 Posts
This is great, I live out by DeKalb and we got about 5 inches. I am fortunate enough (In the winter) to live in the middle of a bunch of farmers fields. The two farmers directly behind my house planted bean this year and didn't till it. Its like riding on your grass its so smooth. So Yesterday I took it out made like a 3 mile course through the fields. Ya know nice and easy in the corners, trying not to throw the snow. I Went out today and the wind was kind enough to push some fresh powder on my course, thus making a enjoyable little appetizer for the upcoming season.

Hope everyone else at least got to do a little yard riding.

How are the trails in Mchenry or Fox Lake? I would like to try them out next good snow,

Let it snow
Chad

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dieselguy66 said:
are any of the trails open yet around moline? I live just south of there and looking for somewhere to ride?
I usually ride ditches and fields from Moline to Colona and then out to Orion and all over from there. I also got to West Liberty Ia and ride all over Muscatine Co. and Cedar Co. If ya ever wanna ride, just hollar a PM at me and we will meet up and ride. Sorry it took so long to respond.

ski-dooer12 said:
You moline guys, where do you ride?! My grandparents live in Moline and Coal Valley. I know there are trails (from what the grandma says..) out by/towards/in coal valley, but not in Moline that I've heard of? haha just wondering because I am semi-aware of that area. :p
I live in South Gardens of Moline, i ride the ditches down John Deere Road out towards Silvis and Colona. Turn right towards Colona and then go threw Colona and ride the ditches on hte back roads and also ditches on Route 6. Cops dont hassel you as long as you stay away from the road as best as possible.[thumb]

·
Registered
114 Posts
Im about 45 min away from Moline and it looks like were gonna get some snow tommorrow and a lot wednesday and some on thursday. Hope the weatherman is right we need it. It is terrible riding where im at. Its all icy and the fields arnt covered, you can still see the dirt. So lets just hope we get a lot for good ridin on the weekend.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cameron22 said:
Im about 45 min away from Moline and it looks like were gonna get some snow tommorrow and a lot wednesday and some on thursday. Hope the weatherman is right we need it. It is terrible riding where im at. Its all icy and the fields arnt covered, you can still see the dirt. So lets just hope we get a lot for good ridin on the weekend.
Got somewhere between 3-5 inches last night. I am gettn ready to go sleddn here shortly. Should be in the pow in a hour or so!!! Your welcome to come into Moline and sled or we can go to my Moms acrage in Eastern Iowa if ya want to.

·
Registered
114 Posts
BrianLee said:
cameron22 said:
Got somewhere between 3-5 inches last night. I am gettn ready to go sleddn here shortly. Should be in the pow in a hour or so!!! Your welcome to come into Moline and sled or we can go to my Moms acrage in Eastern Iowa if ya want to.
Yeah we got something around that and it is still snowing right now. I dont really got that reliable of a sled to go that far. I sold my good good one last year. I mostly just stay around here I dont go that far this year. Next year i'm hoping to have a better one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts