Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soooo..... i've been at this sled for 2 weeks now, replaced almost everything i can think of and the only way i can keep it running is by pumping the primer. From what i can see visually theres gotta be a problem with my fuel system. Im gettin fuel from the tank to the pump no problem and the impulse line is brand new and working correctly. From the pump to the carbs im only gettin abit of fuel....which would lead a man to think the pump is bad but heres the thing...when the lines are dry and empty fuel fills the lines from the pump out to the carbs when i turn the motor over but then outta no where appears a huge air bubble in both lines to the carbs follwed by gas just sputtering outta the pump. It almost seems to me that something is blocking fuel from getting in and through the carbs. My thinking this is because if fuel was flowing into the carbs properly then while the sled idles those air bubbles would eventually go away. Well there not! So if someone can give me a starting point on where to look i would greatly appreciate it. Oh, one more thing. When the sled does run for a few seconds theres an enormous amount of oil dripping from the exaust. Is that because it sat for so long before and its just blowin out that standing oil? Any info would be awesome!! Im so close to getting this thing running!

· Registered
1,552 Posts
hmmmm. did you replace the needles and seats? i would try that first. if no luck there then try to hook up a gravity feed system yo the carbs to see if it will run that way. if it does then there is somthing wrong with your fuel pump. as for the oil out the exhaust... sounds like a bad oil pump. try to get the fule problem fixed. if none of the things i mentioned help then replace the oil pump. you can get them on craigslist cheap. let me know what happens.

· Registered
1,853 Posts
have you checked the filter in the gas tank to see if clogged?

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've gone through the carbs completely, new jets and all and the filter in the tank is all good. I'll try the gravity feed option and see what happens. The oil pump is new so im wondering if perhaps a seal dried up and cracked. The sled did sit outside for almost 2 years unattended. Im just hoping i can find the problem elsewhere, like around the external portion of the motor. I'd hate to have to rip this thing completely apart right now! Thanx for the suggestions!

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So i let the sled sit overnite at work and when i got here this morning i almost passed out from the gas fumes. There was a puddle of fuel under the sled! So i opened the hood and sure enough there was gas leaking from almost every hose end!! WHAT THE BLEEEP!! I just put all new hoses on yesterday! I guess the clamps i've got on there arent heavy duty enough. The new hoses are abit thicker outside diameter then the the old hoses i pulled off so apparently the clamps arent snugging the hose ends to the fittings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.