Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im all done with snowmobileing.. Its so stupid its almost january and i was just outside riding my dirtbike in a tee shirt.. I sold my sled for $1700 thats the only way i could get rid of it cuz no one around here wants sleds anymore. So no on im sticking to motocross only.. The best thing that could happen is we get alot of snow(which we wont cuz the news is showing the temperatures in high 40's for the next 10 days) then i will have only a little under 2 months at the most to ride. Well i just wanted to say bye to everyone and im moving on.. [:(]

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
ya well i got like 8 inches of snow, you sicken me, w=quiting the best sport we know. haha jkjk man that sucks

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha trust me i really dont want to quit.. but i have to its not fun watching the sleds sit on the grass rotting in january..

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
I sold one of my sleds recently as well since it hasnt snowed in the flatlands the last few yrs, ill just continue to go to the MTNs and rent a new sled.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I hear ya bro. Pretty sad the winters we've been getting and unfortunately they probably won't be getting any better. I've been thinking about selling too, but I don't have it in me. I'll be holding out until michigan starts getting florida weather. As long as I can log 500 miles a year I'll be keeping them.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Originally posted by ibreakstuff
[br]You know what this means? You've just used your sled as a sacrifice. You're getting dumped on this weekend. I suspect over a foot.

Bryan
did you just make that up or actually look at a weather forecast? the forecast certainly says nothing about a foot of snow

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=cheshire+ma

aside from that, the guy has every right to move on from snowmobiling without being ridiculed. the northeast has been absolutely horrible for snow over the last few years.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
I feel for you man. I do absolutely NO MODS to the sled anymore for this exact reason. I used to dump all this money into it and I really did have plans for it. But screw it, I spend all my money on booze, school, and my g/f now and it makes me much happier.

I am going to keep the sled however because it's not worth anything to me if I sell it.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I agree, I got tired of prayin' for snow and sold it in the summer, I'll go to Northern Quebec and rent one for the weekend and have just as much fun without the expense of owning one.

Harley here I come."you can always bank on summer"

·
Registered
349 Posts
Our local hicktown once-a-week newspaper came out yesterday. One thing they do is print a small section of news from 5, 10, 25, 50, 75, 100, and 125 years ago. I will quote one small blurb from 75 years ago, December 31, 1931.

Summer birds were still sighted in Oconto, after the first "green" Christmas in nearly 40 years; Bluebirds were discovered building nests and W.L. DeWitt and George L. Hadlock played 18 holes of golf.
The interesting thing is that they had a white Christmas for 40 years. And now I can't recall when the last time we had enough snow to ride in on Christmas.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Originally posted by Customized89Trail
[br]
Originally posted by ibreakstuff
[br]You know what this means? You've just used your sled as a sacrifice. You're getting dumped on this weekend. I suspect over a foot.

Bryan
did you just make that up or actually look at a weather forecast? the forecast certainly says nothing about a foot of snow

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=cheshire+ma

aside from that, the guy has every right to move on from snowmobiling without being ridiculed. the northeast has been absolutely horrible for snow over the last few years.
It was more of a wish....

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
U suck!!!! Hope ur dirtbike breaks down and we all get some snow!!!! J.k.!!! Good luck!!!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I made the mistake of buying a new sled, how do you think I feel haha! If I knew it was going to be this bad I wouldn't have bought one at all.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Click here and look at the very bottom line.
http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/nwcc/sntl-datarpt.jsp?site=637&days=7&state=ID

It shows 56.3 inches at the parking lot where we ride.
There is another 2 plus feet up higher where we go from the parking lot.

So don't be done riding,
Come out west and ride with us where we actually have snow.
Like mentioned above, sell the sled and fly out, then rent a nice new mountain sled each time out.

·
Registered
725 Posts
We've got about a inch right now in the shade, THIS IS THE FRICKIN U.P. !!!!! WTF???? I gave up watching the weather, I hope it gets better, if not, and if next year is like this, the sled is gone. I'll use the money to go towards a real nice quad and a beater sled in the off chance we get snow. Some people say the winters are just on high/low cycles, but this is one hell of a long cycle!! we have'nt had a REALLY good winter since 1995/1996 [V] Its so expensive to maintain a sled that i'm starting to wonder why we do it for only 2-3 months (maybe) of riding out of the year?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Originally posted by daktruckie99
[br] But screw i I spend all my money on booze, school, and my g/f now and it makes me much happier.
you must be drinkin some good ****, go to a sweet school, and a have a helluva girlfriend, i havent found any of the three that'd take sleddins place, haha jk(if my wife happens to read this)

·
Registered
690 Posts
if i dont get 500 miles in michigan and 250 here this year im gonna sell mine, im tired of dumping money into my sled to ride it a couple times a year, i might have to sell my sled anyways because i have to buy a truck, i bought my xcr last year and have 2300 into it all together and i only got 250 miles on it at most last year

·
Registered
667 Posts
Ha...Try living in New York. You can't count on anything, even the summers. I just believe were in a cycle. The warm cycles seem to take longer since your not doing anything and anticipating.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts