Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, made it somewhat successfully though my first weekend of racing. only raced one of the two classes i entered.

i ate S**t at the end of my first lap in my first race saturday and didn't feel up to getting back on to go race in a more competetive class after that.

basically i was in 4th and going for it and went a little too much for it. came off a pretty big jump heading for the sky and there was no way i was going to land, i let go and came down pretty hard. bent my running board, with my hip/tailbone/ass. smacked my head, but i was able to jump up quick and finish the race. i'll probably have video of that on tuesday.

i'll include a pic of the scrape i got through 3 shirts, and you can see my pants ripped below my tailbone. that's from the running board grip on the edge of the running board. got it good enough that i bent the steel bracket that the rear skid bolt goes through.

snocross is very intense. i'm exhausted. just got home a short time ago.

oh, i placed i think 13th out of 16 in the over 25 stock class.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Must of been fun.

I'm betting that there wasn't many Pro-x's in the competition though.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Well congratulations on your first race, you can now say you've been in an official race. Maybe you'll even be able to get on the podium a few times this year

·
Registered
625 Posts
Actually you finished 10th out of 16,not bad for your first time.Every one else in your class raced before and had newer sleds.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually there were a few pro-x's one other pro-xr. none in my class. younger kids. the only other guy on a pro-xr ate it on the same jump i did. almost did the same thing. but he didn't make out so well. left on a stretcher, don't know what happened to him though.

i should add that Sicklers kids did great. #790 even finished 5th out of 28 his first time out racing 440 liquid.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by sickler
[br]Actually you finished 10th out of 16,not bad for your first time.Every one else in your class raced before and had newer sleds.
really?!! wow lol. i thought i was 13th. better than i thought. unfortunately the video of my final didn't come out. some camera issue. everything else came out but not my final. i checked quick a little while ago.

and i want to say to everyone on here that Sickler is a great guy and i can't thank him enough for all his help.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Customized,get your feet wet this year and next year up grade to an 05 or 06.With your speed threw the bumps and a better jump freindly sled and you will do fine.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Is racing everything you thought it would be? I always here that people did not enjoy their first few races but it grew on them quickly.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
mountain riding can also be interesting. this was happyfasts leg from last week when his leg hit the running board. good to hear your ok.

[attachment=51624]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by 01polarisprox
[br]Is racing everything you thought it would be?
it's almost exactly how i thought it would be. hard. and the hardest part i think was just getting my head around stuff. calming down and just focusing. knowing that a couple of the landings, one in particular, were going to be hard was a little tough every time i went around. just thinking ahead of time that almost no matter what i did i was going to bottom out pretty hard was a bit of a psychological issue.

thinking i might do a couple things to make that a little easier on me since i'm pretty sure i'm not going to be able to swing a newer sled at any time this season. we'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by sickler
[br]It would take a hell of a hard hit to brake one of customized bones.His arms are the size of my leg.
lol yeah i suppose i'm a bit larger than the average snocross racer... by about 80 or 100 pounds and a foot of height lol.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
on top of getting the crap kicked out of me this weekend and not getting much sleep, my band is gonna be here in half an hour. band practice tonight. band practice tomorrow during the day, then as soon as that's over tomorrow i have my friends band coming to work on mixing music that i recorded. gonna be a long one tomorrow. i won't get to rest until tomorrow night.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
where were the races

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by ski-dooguy
[br]where were the races
Windham mountain NY. next weekend is Verona NY. but we'll see if it happens. i've heard there might be an issue with lack of snow. they said they've been working on making it, but someone said it's supposed to be warm this week.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
not too bad then for first time. Sounds like you actually did really good, if it wasnt for the one bad landing you would have finished pretty good. Keep at it.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Originally posted by Customized89Trail
[br]
Originally posted by ski-dooguy
[br]where were the races
Windham mountain NY. next weekend is Verona NY. but we'll see if it happens. i've heard there might be an issue with lack of snow. they said they've been working on making it, but someone said it's supposed to be warm this week.
I was gonna try and make it to verona, only 15 mins from my house. PitX is a great track, and i think he made a ton of snow last week, mid 40s all week, but cold at night, hopefully it can be ran!

you guys have any other results from windham??

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
oh i was just wondering because they had races in my city

http://www.snowcross.com/

it the searchmont ski hill one

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
How much money does it costs on damages on your sled now after your first race?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts