Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just bought a 1991 Polaris Indy 400, but it has a 440 in it. i'm new to this and with a little research i havent found any polaris 1991 with a 440 in it. any help would be greatly appreciated. Are these indys great racing sleds or something cause i can't find any for sale and alot of people on here seem to have them?
Also it has aftermarket fox shox and the front is a little low in the snow and i was wondering if anyone knew how to raise them. i cant simply twist them i already tried that, but i know they have about 3/4 of an inch to go till they are maxed out thanks!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
You sure it isn't a 92? What is the production date on the tunnel? Did you try taking the weight off the skis to adjust the front suspension?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
If you have a 91 XC "400" I would be a happy camper, as they are very rare. They came from the factory with a 440 and 400 decals.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
^^ i agree, if the production date on the tunnel is late 91(october november) chances are its a 92.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i just checked and the manufactured date is kind of hard to read but i think it is 01 1990. And the hood is custom paint. it says Indy 400 XC plus the dudes name that raced it, and Tri-City small engine racing. how rare are these?
And yes i did lift up the front to try and adjust the shox. thanks for the feed back guys
lemme try and get some pics on here for ya once my cameras battery is charged

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Interesting, im looking foward to seeing pics of it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Crappy pics, i had to photoshop them to be bright enough, but what do ya think?[attachment=52673][attachment=52675][attachment=52676]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
on the back side of the engine right belloew the carbs i beleive you can find the cc's and such about the enigine i made sure mine was a 440 becasue the 440 head well fit on a few other engines it should say something like 432cc if it does its 440 if not well you get the picture lol very sweet looking sled to man

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup it has some writing then it says 432CC

·
Registered
700 Posts
if you ever sell make sure you let the person know its the XC 400 because to certain people they are worth more than the adverage indy.
unless its a clone

·
Registered
86 Posts
sick sled man! My friend has one just like it!!! I mean EXACTLY

·
Registered
815 Posts
whats the diffencve with an xc?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
XC was a racesled with a 440 in it instead of a 400, they are alot rarer to. nice lookin sled id wish i had an older racesled.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts