Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after having my indy 500 give nothing but trouble for the past 5 seasons (topends, bottom ends and new motors), i decided to go big and buy a nice, newer sled, ended up with an 02 edge 800, ive been riding it for the past week on my lake, every day, was really starting to enjoy it, riding with a lot of buddys yesterday and geuss what happened? locked it up, wasnt even abusing it either, im slightly discouraged to say the least, worst part is i still owe a grand on it, so its going to sit until i pay it off, WTF!!!!! its like every time i try to own a sled all hell breaks loose.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Originally posted by wheelie
[br]after having my indy 500 give nothing but trouble for the past 5 seasons (topends, bottom ends and new motors), i decided to go big and buy a nice, newer sled, [red]ended up with an 02 edge 800[/red], ive been riding it for the past week on my lake, every day, was really starting to enjoy it, riding with a lot of buddys yesterday and geuss what happened? locked it up, wasnt even abusing it either, im slightly discouraged to say the least, worst part is i still owe a grand on it, so its going to sit until i pay it off, WTF!!!!! its like every time i try to own a sled all hell breaks loose.

·
Registered
945 Posts
the 800 XCs were bearing eaters. They make an upgrade kit for it, so maybe look into that since you are rebuilding anyway.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Maybe the oil that you put in your sleds or gas, or the sled gods hate you.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
And yet, You keep buying Polaris'. Just kidding. lol
[br]after having my indy 500 give nothing but trouble for the past 5 seasons (topends, bottom ends and new motors), i decided to go big and buy a nice, newer sled, ended up with an 02 edge 800, ive been riding it for the past week on my lake, every day, was really starting to enjoy it, riding with a lot of buddys yesterday and geuss what happened? locked it up, wasnt even abusing it either, im slightly discouraged to say the least, worst part is i still owe a grand on it, so its going to sit until i pay it off, WTF!!!!! its like every time i try to own a sled all hell breaks loose.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
thats suck, your not the only one cursed i think i am too

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Zcat600
[br]And yet, You keep buying Polaris'. Just kidding. lol
yea, no one has let me forget. and i think im going to start a little business, theres 8 inches of ice with 3 inches of snow on a 3 mile long lake, $10 to park, riding is free!

·
Registered
345 Posts
i have had the same past couple of seasons, and it just so happens that this time was on the same sled as you, 02 XC800, mine is modded though and i only burnt a piston

·
Registered
713 Posts
[br]after having my indy 500 give nothing but trouble for the past 5 seasons (topends, bottom ends and new motors), i decided to go big and buy a nice, newer sled, ended up with an 02 edge 800, ive been riding it for the past week on my lake, every day, was really starting to enjoy it, riding with a lot of buddys yesterday and geuss what happened? locked it up, wasnt even abusing it either, im slightly discouraged to say the least, worst part is i still owe a grand on it, so its going to sit until i pay it off, WTF!!!!! its like every time i try to own a sled all hell breaks loose.
And you always said to sell the rxl and get a newer one, but who was it that pulled you home? That's right, the ol'rxl[:)]

But on another note, if you need help or just want to rip the rxl a little bit, just let me know. Lets get the 800 up and running again!!!!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by slowmach1
[br]i have had the same past couple of seasons, and it just so happens that this time was on the same sled as you, 02 XC800, mine is modded though and i only burnt a piston
mines lightly modded, it has slp twins on it and i dont think it was jetted or anything.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by 92rxl
[br]
And you always said to sell the rxl and get a newer one, but who was it that pulled you home? That's right, the ol'rxl[:)]

But on another note, if you need help or just want to rip the rxl a little bit, just let me know. Lets get the 800 up and running again!!!!!
thanks matt, ive been trying to look on the positive side, this will at least get me to straighten out finances and get rid of some junk, thanks for the tow/and the riding while it lasted. the 800 will return!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts