Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with a lot of companies making 430 lb 159 inch 250 hp mountain sleds, why doesnt any one make them for the trails in the mid east and east coast. when we get this 1000 sled made and pipes for mine made we will trail ride them a little the 1000 wont go far, fuel is to expensive 114 octane isnt to availiable at the gas stations.lol but the piped xcr would be ridable, it would be nothing to have 200 hp trail sleds at 430 lbs, how fun would that be, cheap no fun yes, just imagine, waiting to cross the black top hiway and people pull up beside you and you all cross at the same time, if you didnt have studs you would literally smoke the track across the black top, that would get some ooohs and aaaaahs, what about if you are putzing across the lake at 60 mph and some joker pulls up next to you and gives you the nod, you would pull away so fast and hard he wouldnt know what happend.

·
Registered
711 Posts
driving a sled with a 159 track would be almost impossible to handle for standard trail riding.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Im guessing CMX or Tison..?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
If you are willing to drop that kind of change for a trail sled, I'm sure that the guys at Tison, or Crazy Mountain would be more than happy to build you a $30,000 trail sled. The only question that comes to mind is why?
Light weight, lots of track and the need for power to turn it are actually important in a mountain sled. because these sleds are designed to run at higher altitude. If it makes 250HP at sea leve it isn't making that kind of power at 10,000' The air is to thin. You can build a very ridable big triple for trail that will handle decent, and hual ass across the lake why would you want to spend 30k.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
/|
|

Exactly what he said, if you bought a 5K sled and dumped 5K into it.....you would have a mean trail sled, no need to spend 30K....Hell I ride the mountains and wouldn't drop 30K on a sled, that is unless I was filthy rich!!!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no i dont mean expensive stuff like they got, but we might make changes to the 1000 ultra sled, like keep the compression fairly low to use pump gas so it would be a 200 plus reliable hp. for about 5000 total with cost of sled in price.

·
Registered
352 Posts
but they also use to say that Jonhn CHevrolet was crazy when he made a race car that would go 68 mph back when cars were first coming out....now 70 is a normal crusing speed on the highways! SLeds are going to keep on getting faster and more powerfull...just like evrything else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts