Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i just bought a 1991 Yamaha ExciterII and found this Forum and thought i would say hello and introduce my self and sled.

ok that is my sled... lol hope to get to know you peaple.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Nice sled, and welcome to The Ultimate Snowmobile Forum. Have fun posting and stick around, you can learn a lot about sleds here or if you know a lot help some people who know less.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i dont know a whole lot... lol i have been a quad man for about 5 years...and these 2 stroke sleds a diffrent lol....i can use any advise i get.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
My advice is to keep the rubber side down, be curtious to land owners, and use common sence out on the trails.

Where do ya ride? Obviously not from in Northern MN, as you appear to have snow on the ground.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya i ride my quad alot so i know about staying off others land unless i have permission. and lol i almost rolled it today...the bolt that holds the ski on, well the nut on the bolt came off! i was going 40 mph on a local lake, thankfully it was a wide road so i didnt smash into the burm and roll ( i stopped right at the burm) and a local drove by on his sled and saw and helped me by getting a bolt so i could get it home now i am missing some parts so i wont be riding for a while :( hopefully i will get it fixed this week.

And yes i am in South Central Alaska.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i have some desturbing news.....my ski that "came apart" well the nut that came off was a lock nut and had been tighten well when my friend put it on and i think our creepy neghber is getting revenge....you see it started when after he moved in we started to get our heeting oil for our oil stove was being stolen. and so we called the cops and told them that he had been using our outside spicket out back after we had told him not to...and some other info ( all true ) and they told him that if he was seen again on our property that he would be arrested..

well its been 2 mounths and our oil is beeing stolen again and my "locknuts" on my snowmachine have been loosend and the when i parked it last night it had a full tank...and this morning it was on empty! im starting to get worried...if he will do this to my snow machine what might he do to our car or truck!

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
post to tresspassing or you will be shot signs up then when you see him again scare the crap outa him.. or set up a surveylance camera up and catch him on tape then make a list of all the crap hes stole and take him to court or some crap.. i get pissed when crap like this happens we have some real pain in the butt neighbor kids that run around at night doin stuff, but now we installed 2 cameras and they kwit messn with our stuff.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
if he was messing with my sled id go over and give a couple black eyes and a broken nose and maybe kick his [email protected] into his stomach and let him know thats just the start of it..beat him up every damn day if thats what it takes..the only way your going to be able to prove he is doing it is catch him on camera and bring him to court,but i do believe u have to have signs up saying you have cameras in use otherwise they wont hold up in the court of law

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh man... my foot would be in that guys butt so fast if that happened to me. Luckily though the neighbors I have are really nice and are one of them is sledding buddy.

Sorry to hear your mishap. My idea would be got a Radioshack or a place that sells those little mini cameras and stick one of those and record this whacko's sabotage. Give the recording to the cops and let them put the guy in the slammer. Another thought would be, get one of them motion lights...the lights that turn on when someone/something walks into the motion field' and you sould sit there with a phone to call the cops as soon as you see him
JMO

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well, i would but it has been reported to the police. and we do have no trespassing signs. so when they do cach him we will have him on trespassing,stealing heeting oil, and attemted murder ( loosening the skies on a high speed machine) it really tickes me off now i have to get my plastic skies fixed and had to put the old metal ones back on...and to top it off it rained the other night and we lost almost ALL of our snow....now that tickes me off lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts