Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Hell yeah I'm looking forward to some more of these bad boys!!!

me on the left!
/snofan/../images/users/alaskangold/Image002.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/alaskangold/Image008.jpg

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Alaskagold... YOU KNOW SANTA CLAUSE!!! [:D]

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Originally posted by SledHead
[br]Alaskagold... YOU KNOW SANTA CLAUSE!!! [:D]
LMAO!! Actually I live 10 miles from North Pole, Alaska. Not the magnetic North Pole but the town, they got a Santa Clause house with a 50 foot Santa out front...pretty funny[:D] Yes those are King Salmon, mine on the left tipped in at 41 pounds the other one was 39. We also pull 5 to 8 pound Rainbow and Dolly Varden trout out of the same river with fly rods.. Can't wait to get back there this summer!

·
Registered
502 Posts
I spent time in Nome when I was younger. My dad worked gold mines up there as a heavy equipment repair man. Anyways when he got time off we would go salmon fishing. We drove out in the country a ways and found a nice spot, but didn't catch squat. On the way out to that spot we drove by this older and heavy couple that had these huge freaking rods with humongous lures. We watched them cast for a while and they were only casting about halfway across the stream(the stream was only about 20 ft wide at max) Both me an my dad figured they would never get anything.
Anyways on the way back, we passed them again, and they were trying to get this king salmon into the back of their truck, and it was huge, i'd say close to 50 pounds.
That's my alaska story. I did manage to catch a silver salmon later in the week.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
cool lookin pics, never caught one of them things. i fish excusively for muskies. a little trying at times but every year i gain a little edge on 'em. i fish tournaments in minnesota and have yet to win the big coin but we're still trying..... good luck this summer--

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats one fish ive never caught.. ive tried lotsa times but never got a muskie yet.. it was close though.. followd my hog wobbler the fish was easy over 30 lbs on devils lake wisconsin man i was ticked!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
i'm with ya man, many a times you'll be throwing topwater and see that big ol' toothy critter coast up behind it just to turn away at the last minute. but there is nothin' better in the world. topwater is my favorite way to fish, just to watch 'em explode after that bait is enough to give you goosebumps you could hang your keys off of. your in the musky capital of the world. that hayward area can't be beat. i've done some fishin' on the chippewa flowage. got my ass lost lost as !&%$ but my bro caught a 46 incher that made it all worth while

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
I like fishing on ice and in the boat..

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
ice fishing is cool but nothin' beats casting away on a hot summer day catching a tan watching some girly girls...... ya-ya

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I need to get a new spinning rod. At the end of last year I closed the tip of my old one in the car door and snapped the damn thing off. Piss me off!

Anyways, I've got my fly rod out and have been going over all my tackle. Might try nymphing Wings Mills Dam in Belgrade this weekend.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Yeah, yeah.....I was wide open for that one, wan't I. I'd almost of been disappointed if someone didn't take advantage of it! [:D]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts