Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sounds like something in the drivetrain is going out. Check the driveline bearings, suspension bearings, etc. Another thing to check is the brake. The next time it does it, feel the brake rotor. The rotor would have to be hot enough to burn the crap outta your finger in a split second for there to be a problem like a locked up caliper. Do a good inspection all around of the things i said, including the track, suspension, etc. Something is cooling down and releasing it's hold. Let us know what you find. -Polaris Doc

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the tip. talking to various people, also was mentioned I should try the chain tensioner, I checked and she was loose. I have not test riden yet, got about 5 full turns. could this be some of the issue?

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you had that much slack, it would mean that either the chain was that loose, or the bearings are starting to go. pull the dipstick and check to see if there's a lot of metal shavings on the magnet. 5 turns is a lot. If it were me, I'd pull the cover and check for damage. Catching a problem early like the bearings going out in the drivetrain could save you lots of $$. Do a thorough inspection of everything, and grease the zerks while you're at it. -Polaris Doc

·
Registered
586 Posts
polaris doc is right ... i've heard if you loosen the chain a bit a bit and turn the sled on it's side ... grab the drivehsaft on the ends of where the drivers are ... if it has any play in it thats a good sign its the bearings ... happened to me! ... also it sounds stupid but check your slides ... someone i know had a problem kinda like that ... dumba$$ didnt check his slides and after riding for a bit the metal on metal got so hot it would stick together when he came to a stop and not go again ... just my .02

1 - 7 of 7 Posts